Jun 9, 2005

There have been 19 QBs selected number 1 overall in the NFL Draft...

I usually despise all ESPN non sporting event programming like Baseball Tonight, NFL Primetime, Dreamjob, Tilt, and even Sportscenter, but after 1,000 tries at a game show, I think they found a winner in "Stump the Schwab". The questions are great and I've even done the "put a sheet of paper up over part of the TV so I can play along" move. Man, I need to get out of the house. Anyway, the only negative thing about the show is that I have to look at Stu Scott and his lazy eye for 30 minutes and endure the awkward fist poundage between Stu and the schwab at the end of the show. But other than that, it has now gone into my regular rotation along with Family Guy, West Wing, Blow Out, and Real World/Road Rules Challenge. But the lack of ads and press for this show along with it getting bumped to ESPN2 gives me the impression that they will be dumping it shortly. I hope they come out with a Stump the Schwab board game before they do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stu Scott gave the commencement address at UNC for my sisters graduating class, you know the one where they made a big deal'cause Vince Carter came back to walk with his class. Or maybe it was Stackhouse? anyhow-It felt great to see him struggle to talk normal in front of people. What an embarassment to the university and the people in attendance. He is a clown with no makeup. I truly Love to hate him. One day he will look back on his life with a big BOO-YAH and realise he should have been a tobacco farmer. Lots of messed up eyes in that crowd.

RRD said...

Sounds like Nate McMillans "come on guys" approach to commencements.

Eric Z said...

Is it sad that the first person out of my mouth when I saw this question was.. "Tim Couch"?