Jun 21, 2005

Golfing with the Wiggles

This is what happens when you play tournament golf after you have kids.

So I'm on the 4th hole of the first 18 - I'm +3 thru 3 after I botched 1, 2 and 3 - and I chip to within 3'. I need this to get somewhat on track for my first par of the day. My last thought before I stood over the putt was... "you better make this kneeknocker, or else we're headed for an 87".

Kneeknocker? Cue the music! From "The Wiggles" CD, these lyrics then run through my head:

"Hands on my knees....
What have we here?
That is my kneeknocker
That much is clear....

Knee-knocker
Waist-bender
Chin-wagger
Head-scratcher
Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo
That's what they teach me in my pirate school"

And with that song in my head for 9 hours straight, I never missed a 4 footer the whole day.

Don always asked me what my secret is to my putting.... well, there you go.

(PS 75-78- 153 isn't going to get it done in a USGA qualifier.)

1 comment:

dzahn07 said...

Well I now know what I'm getting my two nephews for birthdays and christmas for the next two years. Wiggles DVDs!!!!!!