Jun 2, 2005

Daily Bets

To steal something from Aaron Gleeman, I will be trying to post daily picks for baseball and other assorted sporting options. Like most other working professionals, I am blocked from most gambling sites, so I will use the USA Today for the odds.

Each wager is $100.

Cubs (Rausch vs. Stauffer) +150 - Rausch is on fire!!!!!
Florida (Willis vs. Williams) -140 - Florida will not lose four games to Pit.
Yankees (Pavano vs. Jensen) -170 - I will eat my bedsheets if the Yanks get swept.
Atlanta (Ramirez vs. Loiza) +105 - This is why people lose money in Vegas. I feel great about the other picks, but I wanted to do 4 baseball games, so I took this game. Stupid, but I can't help it. This is why I live in an apartment and Steve Wynn just built another $2 billion hotel.
Miami/Det over- 182.5

Didn't realize that the games were starting so early today and I had already selected both the Indians (+280) and TX (-110), but I will exclude these from my picks. I wanted to take the Blue Jays over the A's, but this is probably a must win for A's just to get a split in this four game set since they have Blanton and Etherton going this weekend against Halladay and Lilly. Ugh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the bucs DO WIN ALL 4 you Maryland crabs.

RRD said...

Augmentation of your picks through wagers on World Sports Exchange, espically the afternoon games, greatly enhances the afternoon work experience. Unless you had the O's and the under (10.0), leading to a scream as if someone had run over my foot.

skeetskeet11 said...

Would you like some salt and pepper with those bedsheets?

Eric Z said...

1) That Buddy Bell is working magic in KC.

2) Our resident NBA expert just missed the O/U by, what, 18.5 points? Nice.

3) Should we start a Danny Kolb countdown? Starting to look like that signing is the worst "good team signing a star off a loser" signing since Chuck Knoblauch.

dzahn07 said...

2-3 for the day. That's sounds about par for the course with the Yanks and Braves letting me down. Very disappointing. It would of been worse if I had gotten in the morning wagers.

Buck Super Stereo said...

magic? come on. buddy ball is as big a mistake in kc as well, trying to field a competitive major league team with a payroll around 40MM.