Jun 1, 2005

Links

Added some additional Links.

Aaron Gleeman is an excellent writerwho does some wonderful articles for HardballTimes.com, but also has his own blog site that is mainly dedicated to the Twins. About once or twice a week, he usually spends time on other topics that follows the same flow as the Sportsguy, and his hatred for Baseball Tonight and ESPN.com are in line with my views.

John Sickels- great minor league writer, who was abruptly fired from ESPN.com because he didn't fit in their new mainstream format. He now has a nice little blog site and there are some jems is you really like baseball.

AthleticsNation.com- probably the second largest blog site out there dedicated to a specific baseball team with Sons of Sam Horn having the largest following.

Sons of Sam Horn.com- Even though I hated to include anything related to the Sox, I think that this site along with the old time usergroups lead to what we have here today...blogs.

Iowa Golf- So we can all keep up with Eric's tournaments. How does a state like Iowa have enough money to spend on live scoring for amateur tournaments? Still amazes me.

Eric, Jon, and Lee, I couldn't find any really good blogs for the Yanks, O's, and Indians. The two Indians sites I came across had about 6000 hits over the last year and had only been updated about twice a week. I will keep my eyes open for additional sites.

For everyone else, please let me know if there are any other good sites.

3 comments:

Schillzilla said...

I'm very surprised you linked to SoSH. But it is an unbelievable site. Not only are the people who post on there heavy into stats (I mean crazy stuff like DiPS, ISO+, etc), but you get semi-regular postings from John Henry (owner), Curt Schilling, and Theo. I mean what other fan site can say that??? It has taken on such an importance now in Red Sox land that the local Boston media guys (sports radio hosts, local news anchors) lurk around on there for information!! Hey shoe, what are you doing on the other foot??

dzahn07 said...

I agree. Athletics Nation is the only other site that can compete with Sons of Sam Horn. The guy has pulled off some major interviews with Beane and all of the players for the site, and Street, Swisher, and Crosby log onto the site regularly.

Eric Z said...

For the Browns, we need to link to BerniesInsiders.com. Lots of great stuff in here - discussion of depth charts (who's the 9th best OL - Zukaukas or DeMar?), coaching strategies, and more.

And a healthy does of Raven and Steeler bashing.