Jun 19, 2005

Strip Steak

Happy Fathers Day to all of you Dads out there. Just a few quick thoughts on this Sunday Morning....

USGA Commercial: What an outstanding commercial the USGA has, with the golfers yelling out certain sayings on their bad shots. Everytime it makes me laugh. The funniest is the Strip Steak comment, since I have no idea what the hell that means.

US Open: I'm not a huge TV golf fan, but I do try to watch the big three tournaments a year, which are the Masters, British Open, and the US Open. I hate the PGA since I don't find it very interesting. I love the Masters because of the course, the British Open because of the weather, and the US Open because I love to watch the pros struggle. I know the pros haven't complained about the course conditions that much this year, but I hope they make it tougher and don't give into the complaints. If they make the courses easier, then it will turn into another PGA, which I won't watch unless Els, Singh, Mick, or Woods are involved in a tight race. I can't justify wasting away a Sunday afternoon watching Chad Campbell battle Fred Funk for the PGA Trophy.

ESPN: I'm beginning to really enjoy Scott Van Pelt as a golf anchor. Great mix of comedy and seriousness that makes me like him a lot. And by the way RRD, I don't mind Bobby Jones. But once again, I'm not a huge golf TV fan.

Bathrooms: Why is it that when I have to "drop a deuce" that will take about two hours, I don't have anything to read, but when I do have something to read, I'm in and out of the bathroom in like 30 seconds.

Need Advice: Would you rather have a small old place 1/4 of a mile from the beach or a nice new roomy place 2-3 miles from the beach?

Gammons: States that the Yankees are after Kotsay, which basically means that the A's will lock up Kotsay to a long term deal. When is the last time Gammons was on with a trade rumor?

BSG: I think he is reading our blog. Or at least one of his readers since they were discussing the best drunk food in his latest mailbag. On another BSG note, its bad when I watch the NBA playoffs and it is obvious what the refs are doing. The calls were totally going Detroits way, basically taking the Spurs out of their game early in games 3 and 4. It will be interesting to see what happens today.

A's Notes: The A's finally demoted Juan Cruz, who I thought was out of options, but will have him work on being a starter in AAA. Boy, if we can't get him turned around, the Hudson trade looks worse and worse, with all three of the guys , Thomas, Meyer, and Cruz, in AAA struggling. But Hudson is on the DL again with the same ole injury he had 4 different times with the A's. See with the A's, we can't afford to have a $8-$10 million dollar pitching sit out at least 2-3 times a year with an injury.

2 comments:

Buck Super Stereo said...

on the advice tip, i say the roomier place. 2-3 miles from the beach? come on! that's what a 30 minute walk or a 5 minute drive? unless, of course, the older place is quirky enough to warrant getting some extra ass because of it.

bathrooms: great insight. i came across something the other day that i thought would make a great bathroom addition, but i can't remember what it is, now. but i think it'd be great for both scenarios. fuck me for not remembering it.

RRD said...

I am assuming you are sucking up to Scott Van Pelt because he is a Maryland graduate.

I have no problem with SVP, but you must realize he has the easiest commentator task of canned interviews after the round. Essentially he has 3-5 minutes to formulate 3-5 questions, so he is rarely required to think spontaneously.

I cannot get over the fact he looks like Roger from 'American Dad'.