Jun 29, 2005

Hampton! Santa Clara!

More match play fun this week - the Iowa State Match play started today with a seeding round. 78 players played to fill in the 64 person field.

I tried to give it away with a 9 on the last hole, but I made it into the field with a smooth 82 (ugh) and am officially the #60 seed in the bracket. This is equivalent to a #15 seed in the NCAA torunament.

My first round tomorrow is against a college guy from Nebraska who shot 70 today. Tee time at 8:54 CT, and in-match updates should be available at iowagolf.org.

Let's see if I can duplicate what Hampton and Santa Clara has done in the past.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

Well, Duke 75, Hampton 73, OT

(Or should I say Nebraska 75, Case Western 73, OT)

I was 4 down with 4 to play, but pulled a win at 15, 16, 17 and 18 to force extra. But Brady hit a nice wedge to 6 feet and made the putt for birdie on the 1st extra hole.