Oct 5, 2005

Today's games

So I went 2-0 last night, on games I thought were easy bets. Onto today's games:

Braves vs. Houston- Hudson, when healthy was a great playoff pitcher back in the day, but against the Sox and Twins, he wasn't that dominant. Pettitte is either hit or miss. He either is on his game with a sub 2.00 ERA or just sucks with a 11.74 ERA. The over is so tempting at 7, but the Braves can't hit Lefties and Houston can't score on the road. Too many factors in this so I'm staying away. I will go with the prop of "Will Everett get a basehit" and go with No and get +120 odds.

Boston vs Chicago- What a crap game yesterday, despite my winning on the over. The over again is set at 9 again, despite Wells and Buerhle pitching. Wells's post season career is pretty impressive (10-3 with a 3.18 ERA), but Buerhle has slipped a little in the second half and has not done well against the Sox (6.23 in two games this year). Jay, please refrain from calling anyone the Sox's bitch as we saw what happened yesterday. I'm going to stay away from the Over/Under and take the Red Sox at even money. I would like to get better odds and take the Red Sox -1.5 at +160, but I'm too scared of the bullpen.

Yanks vs Angels. It was nice to see Colon, aka Shrek, show up for the game last night. Now they throw out Lackey, aka Sling Blade, at the Yanks. I hate Lackey and still continue to deny that he actually put up great numbers this year. Listening to Dibble and Kennedy yesterday, they quoted Torre saying that game 2 in a short series is the most important game since you can either put the dagger in the other teams heart and go up 2 games, or be out of it before even going home by going down 0-2. This seems a little obvious, but I'm going to say that the Yanks will come out strong and really put the pressure on the Angels. I'm a little worried that Lackey has been on fire in September, pitches well at home, and has done fairly well against the Yanks, but once again, I just don't think that the Angels can score, and the Yanks will get a few runs, so I'm going with the Yanks on this one. Also, I will take the under on Lackey's strikeout total of 5.5. This is risky since Lackey is average more than a K/IP against the Yanks, but I'm banking on the fact that he will be out of the game early as well as the Yanks will be a little more patient like last nights game in which Colon only struck out 6 in 7 innings.

So to summarize;
Everett won't get a hit
Red Sox
Yanks
Lackey- Under in K's

7 comments:

Eric Z said...

We are awaiting comment from Derek on the report that Macha has been fired.

Derek - where are you getting the information on the prop bets for the playoffs?

dzahn07 said...

Not a big deal on Macha. I'm actually happy he is gone. The SF Chronicle has a couple of interesting quotes from Beane. He fired our hitting coach yesterday and now Macha....Good.

And I'm getting my proprs from my contacts in Vegas.

Eric Z said...

Geesh, what the hell is going on with the Atl pen?

Schillzilla said...

Derek, please refrain from picking the Red Sox anymore!! Damn you!

Oh well, now we got em right where we want em. Down 0-2 its all part of the plan...

dzahn07 said...

Graffinino...Ugh. I felt so good about that game. Sorry bud.

Schillzilla said...

Yeah, that sucked. I don't think Wells should *completely* be left off the hook, but that was a ghastly error. To have people compare that to Buckner is ridiculous (I mean you Shank Shaughnessy).

Oh well, the headline that actually made me laugh was "Sox in a Best of Five-Hole" with a pic of Graffinino booting it. I thought that was pretty good, in a depressing kind of way.


> Link

dzahn07 said...

Well this opens the door for Schilling to be the hero again.