Oct 22, 2005

Chirp Chirp

Sorry everyone for not participating lately. We have been in an awful stretch of bad luck with my company. We had a couple deals fall through, some things stall out and then to top it off we couldn't sell toilet paper to a person with diarreah lately. All of this culminated with us barely making payroll over the last two months and me wondering where my next paycheck was coming from. So I have been doing slightly more important things other than blogging, like trying to figure out how to keep my family fed and our mortgage/bills paid. Anyway, the good news is I think this past week may be a sign that things are turning around. We just got two new deals and some other promising leads. For everyone that works at a large stable company (I think most of the people in this space) and gets a nice regular, like-clockwork, direct deposited paycheck I have some advice. The next time payday comes around, savor it. Take a moment to think about how great it is to get paid! :)

Regarding the World Series tonight. Call me crazy, but I like the Over for tonights game. Now, for those of you who haven't spit out your coffee or soda and are still with me, I'll explain my thoughts. We have two pitchers who have been known to get the "yips" occasionlly in big spots. I know, Rocket has been great this year, and Contreras has been dominating since the ASB. But, with an O/U of 7.0 the game needs to be very clean, and I can see the first inning or two both pitchers struggling with command a little bit. For Contrares and the Sox, I think a long layoff will affect them in the field a little. I have a feeling that after the game you will say both pitchers pitched OK but there were a few errors or missed defensive plays that cost them pitches, and cost them runs (even if they are unearned). I have to think the Sox bullpen will not be as crisp since they haven't done anything in two weeks. So I guess I see it as Contreras gives up a a couple in the early innings, Roger does his normal Brett Favre-esq coming out way too hyped and gives up 3 early runs. Then the ChiSox pen gives up another couple with the help of some shoddy Defense. Final - 6 to 4 Astros winning with Lidge getting the last 5 outs.

With all of that being said I'm sure Contreras and Clemens will both pitch into the 14th inning of a 0-0 game. Sox will probably win when a Hit Batsmen, Stolen Base, Sac bunt, Sac Fly scores the games only run.

2 comments:

Eric Z said...

Nice call on the over! You dudn't even predict the Clemens exit due to an "injury". What restraint!

I'm too risk averse to be in your position, Jay. The thought of not being sure of a paycheck coming in really scares me. I don't know how you do it.

dzahn07 said...

If another freaking hurricane hits this year, I might be in Jay's position.