Oct 3, 2005

Chutzpah

I'm still not ready to write a long post about the AL Playoffs and the absence of the Tribe, but this news just infuriates me.

1) Read the following article:

Yanks are pissed at Showalter

2) Now, answer the following question:
Who started Sunday's game vs. the Red Sox, a game with playoff implications for other teams (like the Tribe)? Was it:
a. Planned starter Mike Mussina
b. Emergency starter Jaret Wright after Torre pulled Mussina

And the Yanks are complaining about Texas? What gall.

2 comments:

Schillzilla said...

I totally agree. This was getting major play throughout the day in NE. So let me see, you lose 2 out of 3 and are crying because you lost the home field by one game?? Beat KC earlier in the year (when you got swept), beat Tampa earlier in the year, and don't lose 2 of 3 to let your arch rival back in to the playoffs.

Right now I'd rather be the WC then the AL East champ. Playing Chicago is a better draw then LAA. I'm not sure the Sox will beat Chicago, but I think the Angels are a much tougher draw. Has a team with the worst bullpen in the league made the playoffs before??

Lastly, I think Tomlinson just broke 8 tackles and picked up another 12 yards on the Pats D. That was ugly....

dzahn07 said...

Um..why would Showalter do anything to help the Yanks.

And Jay, that run by Turner in the second half, as he bounced off of 3 different guys was probably the hardest run I've seen in sometime.