Oct 20, 2005

NFL Picks, week 7

Since there is an NFL game on Friday night, I have been ordered to post my picks tonight so others can use them in a pool. (I don't know what "others" there are, since it just seems this blog has been me, Derek and 14 crickets chirping during this past week.)

Anyway, so here goes:

KC 24, Mia 13 - I just feel that the KC offense can score 20-24 pts in any situation against anyone - and that will be enough here.

Stl 27, NO 21. NO defense is terrible. I believe Martin can handle this and get the job done.

(a moment of silence for all of us who own Marc Bulger in Fantasy leagues... get well soon, Marc!)

GB 24, Min 16: After a bye week, Favre and co. will roll through the Good Ship Viking. Can you imagine the boos in the Metrodome if the Vikes are down early?

Ind 20, Hou 10: Don't let last week fool you. The Ind offense will only comeout to play when absolutely needed. In this game, it will be all about ball control, like the Ind-Cle game 4 weeks ago.

Pit 20, Cin 17. Boy,did I go round and round on this one. I have to put aside my hatred for Pit and realise that Cincy's run defense is not all that stellar - and that's the key. Pit will control the ball here.

Phi 21, SD 16: Another bad break for the Chargers, getting Phi after a bye. If Phi can't get its defense in order after a bye week and facing a Chargers team that played two tough, emotional games - well, then, they are probably going to miss the playoffs.

Cle 24, Det 20: Everyone says how the Browns O is terrible, but let's review who they have played:
Cin (13), GB (26), Ind (6), Chi (20), Bal (3). That's 3 of the top 10 defense in the league, and Cinci's not bad either. Let's not bury the Browns O until we play Det, Hou, Ten, Oak, and so on.

Was 27, SF 10. Who cares?

Dal 24, Sea 23. It's too easy to write down "Seattle" and move on. Dallas's D is the real thing, and I'm not sold on the Sea passing game.

Buf 20, Oak 10. The defense will destroy the Raiders -especially if Moss is out - and Kelly will do just enough to win.

Chi 16, Bal 9. Wow. This is my best guess, but it all depends on the turnovers.

Ten 27, Az 23. Let's all ride the Anti-Arizona bandwagon until it crashes! I just picked up McCown in my fantasy league - if Green is dumb enough to start Warner over McCown, me and the 10 Cardinal fans will protest in front of Sun Devil Stadium.

NYG 31, Den 20. I think that Belicheck showed the league how to beat the Den D in that last 4th quarter. The Giants have the ability to copy that.

Atl 24, NYJ 20. The Falcons have no D; that's why this will be close.

Against the spread, I'm taking: KC, Stl, GB, Hou, Pit, Phi, Cle, Was, Dal, Buf, Chi, Ten, NYG, NYJ

Best Bets: (last week: 8-8-1 (damn that College game!); overall, 51-42-3 (55%)):
KC +1
KC/Mia Under 43
Stl -3
GB -2
Hou +15
Hou/Ind Under 45
Pit +1.5
Pit/Cin Under 43 1/2
Phi/SD Under 47
Cle/Det Over 35
Dal +3
Buf +3
Buf/Oak Under 40
Chi -1
Ten +3.5
Ten/Az Over 45
NYG -2
NYJ +7.5
NYJ/Atl Over 41
19 best bets


Phi 21, SD 16.

8 comments:

dzahn07 said...

Since you went with 19 freaking games, I will follow suit. Once again this is for all entry fees for all March Madness brackets.


Rams -3
Colts -15
KC -2
Cle -2.5
Wash -12.5
Chi -1
ATL -7
Pitt/Cincy Under 43
Chi Under 30.5
SD Over 47
ATL Under 40.5
Denver Under 47
Minn/Pack Under 44
KC/Miami Over 42.5
Ohio St. -16
Northwestern +13
Kansas St. +3.5
Colorado St. -3
FSU/Duke Over 48.5

Eric Z said...

I don't understand you.

You ask me to pick all the games vs. the spread - and I did. That is supposedly the contest you set up.

Now where are your picks against the spread? No college games in there.

dzahn07 said...

What are you talking about? They are against the spread. Which ones are not? If you check out my last comment, we would pick 16 or whatever top games since you love the over/under and I like college. This was my last comment in the last post since you were complaining that you don't pick all games only the ones you like. Below is my comment.

"OK then. You can pick 16 picks including over/unders and college. Does that sound good?"

dzahn07 said...

Remember asshole I did this because you made such a huge point that won't be that good picking all the games ATS since you single out only a few. I believe you made the same point last night with Lee and I. Here is your quote from earlier this week:

Eric Z said...

Argh.....
Does this ring a bell????

"...so I'm willing to put a little side wager on you vs. me for the rest of the year. Who can pick the most winners ATS."

YOU WROTE THAT!

Does ATS mean anything else than "Against the Spread"???

How is this not a contest to pick all NFL Games against the spread???

I'm willing to do anything - but please be clear in what you are asking.

dzahn07 said...

Um, my comments in the other post are very clear. 16 games, whatever you want between college and pros along with either ATS or over/unders. Is this not clear in my post. It doesn't make any difference to me, since this is what I wanted to do in the first place but then you complained that you are not good at picking all games (your comments in the same post), only those that you find a gap. That is why I said lets go with the 16 game format and increased the options to choose from.

And are you just being ignorant and ignoring the next two comments in the prior post? Whatever. Here are my picks ATS.

Rams -3
Colts -15
KC -2
Cle -2.5
Wash -12.5
Chi -1
ATL -7
GB -1.5
Cincy Pick
SD +3.5
Cowboys +3
TN +3.5
Den +2
Oak -3

Eric Z said...

My oh my, Derek, I fell like I've been sandbagged.

Going into today:
Eric: 1-1:
Derek: 7-0

7-0!!!! When is the last time you did that?????

Eric Z said...

oh my

Eric: 6-11-2
Derek: 15-3-1

wow wow wow wow