Oct 27, 2005

Random thoughts

Random thoughts, as I run around here at home with a sick kid:

1) You know the "cuckoo" noise on the $25,000 Pyramid (the OLD show - I refuse to watch the Donny Osmond version) - when a contestant says the word he's trying to get his/her partner to say? Wouldn't that be a great noise to have in some hand-held device (like the Taboo buzzer)?

So when Janice and I get into a fight - and she says something illogical, I can just press the button and out comes the "cuckoo" noise from Pyramid. Boy, it would be worth the 7 nights on the couch for that one moment.

2) I'm not home during the day that often - I'd say once every two months or so - but whenever I am, the Maury episode is ALWAYS one about DNA paternity tests. Is this all he runs, or am I just blessed?

3) I'm still bummed about the Browns loss on Sunday. That one hurt. Derek said to me that I should be upset over last week's loss at Baltimore, but this one hurt even more -at home, to a team with many injury problems and a defense that no one has starting on their fantasy team.
This loss has forced me to re-look at all parts of the team, and readjust my thoughts. And that's painful.

And we have Houston coming up. Oh God, if we lose....

4) What a great day for conservatives - and, more importantly, for populists - with the Miers nomination being withdrawn. It's nice to see that regular folks can rise up and make a difference. I believe that's what happened here. The backlash from the voters who voted for Bush (not all voters, but those who supported Bush) put enough pressure in the right places to make this happen.

Let's make sure we can affect policy in other ways, too, like the porkbusters activity with Sen. Coburn (R-OK) taking the lead.

For the love of God, we have Republican congressmen saying "there's no pork in the budget" (DeLay) and "Critics of the bridge funding can kiss my ear" (Young, referencing the bridge to nowhere).

The populist republicans must revolt now to get the message across before disaster awaits in 2006. Democrats failed (or refused) to see the tidal wave in 1993; some of us see it now and are trying to change course quickly.

1 comment:

jorge blogsada said...

Totally with you on the cuckoo thing.