Oct 2, 2005

Several things before I head back up to LA

Interesting day in the NFL that deserves a couple of comments:

1. What the hell was Belichick wearing? It was a XXXL sweatshirt that looked to be cut off at the elbows. Strangest coaching outfit ever!!
2. Has there been any other fantasy player to put up more fantasy points within the last 4 minutes of a meaningless comeback than Marc Bulger? That guy is a king. His team could be down by 35 points and he will throw 200 yards with 2 TDs in a span of 2 minutes. Crazy shit.
3. It took me a while to understand why the NFL sent AZ and SF to Mexico. These teams probably wouldn't sell out, so they wanted to make sure that this game would make some money, so they packed them up, put them on Sunday night and promoted the first regular season NFL game in Mexico.
4. Broncos surprised me again. And how the hell are the Skins undefeated with Brunell manning the ship. God I hate that guy. But I do love that Burger King guy. And man, that breakfast sandwich looks like a winner. Sausage, Bacon, Ham, Egg, and Cheese all on a sub roll? I'm in.

Other thoughts:

1. Anyone watch the USC game on Saturday. Caroll is starting to get exposed. Now granted he doesn't call the plays on offense, but that might of been the worst game plan I have ever seen. Let's see, you have two guys rushing for nearly 10 yards per carry, and you continue to go to the guy who is having an off day and can't complete a pass to anyone other than his fullback. USC didn't start to comeback and take control of the game until they gave it to Bush and White, late in the 4th. Caroll and his staff tried to give Leinart the chance to bring the team back in the 2nd half, despite knowing that ASU couldn't stop the run. This is what happens when a college backs a Heisman candidate a little too much. And in the papers today, all the articles said that USC's 2nd half comeback was led by Leinart. What a crock!!!

2. Was that Janeane Garofalo on West Wing, or as Eric says, Left Wing? She looked pretty good when she gets cleaned up and doesn't look like a fucking hippy.

3. History of Violence will be the last movie that I will see at the theaters. I'm already down to 2 movies a year due to the high prices and the crappy product, but with an adult audience at 8:00pm, I was subjected to clapping during a sex scene, laughing during an intense killing, and then more clapping during a fight. I would of understood if it was a midnight movie, or some action flick, but this was supposed to be a thriller, and I saw probably 95% of the audience come in and there wasn't anyone under the age of 21 in there. Maybe I'm just being a little bitch, but I'm done with dealing with people in public places.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

1. I wish I saw Head-Wound Harry's outfit. If anyone has a picture, please forward.

2. I love love love Bulger! Woo hoo! The Fighting Schnauzers are 4-0 with him at the helm!

3. Um, it took me 2 minutes to figure out which team would play in Mexico after the league announced they were putting a game there. What NFL team does not sell out - ever - and wouldn't miss a home game? You can count the answer on one finger -Arizona. Every other team ( now that Cinci is good) pretty much sells out.

4. I'm afraid I will get a heart attack immediately if I eat that sandwich. I'm literally afraid to death of eating it.

5. No, I didn't see the USC game. We got treated to the Iowa St- Nebraska double overtime thriller! I love regional telecasts.