Oct 7, 2006

Week 5 NFL Picks: "Range Game"


First of all, don't mistype our blog name. I typed z74.blogpsot.com - instead of an error, I got a real site. Wow.

The Range Game is exactly how I pick my teams/spreads every week. I give myself a 3 or 6 point margin of error (the equivalent of a $150 price range), and then I hit the button on a game when I feel good about the range for the game.

Careful, though! As Bob says, once I push the button, the range finder can not be restarted for another 35 1/2 hours!

OK - on to the picks. I have a lot of favorites this week, which is never good.

Ind 31, Ten 10. I'm off the Titan bandwagon this week.

NYG 27, Was 17. This game will prove once and for all if Coughlin has a hold of this team. I believe he does.

Min 20, Det 10. I expect offensive struggles - Min has no defense and it is apparent that their offense, however, is no great shakes.

NO 17, TB 14. I don't know why I think this game will be close. Maybe Peter King and his Bruce Gradowski love fest has influenced me.

Stl 27, GB 20. After seeing GB's secondary Monday night, us Bulger-owners in fantasy are licking our chops here.

NE 20, Mia 17. A classic letdown game. The Patriots will win, but I think the Bengal game was an outlier - the Pats aren't THAT good.

Chi 28, Buf 13. How can you not expect the Bear defense to score/set up 13 points a game for the team? Did I just gooch them?

Car 20, Cle 17. Every year, we play a good team close on the road early in the season. We won't win, but I expect we will cover.

Jax 23, NYJ 10. Again, everyone is overestimating the Jets after the last two weeks and throwing the Jags under the bus. I don't think this will be close.

KC 27, Az 23. A mistake-filled funfest.

SF 26, Oak 24. Oh, I'm sorry, THIS is the mistake-filled funfest. Let's see... at 4 pm,w e have Dal-Phi, or this game? I think I'll watch this disaster to see more of Art Shell's brilliant coaching decisions.

Phi 21, Dal 16. If you're not sure about a game, go with your gut and who you want to win. I know, it's not good to bet that way, but how can I avoid this game?

SD 20, Pit 13. Same as above.

Den 24, Bal 13. Same as above.

16 best bets this week. Standings:

Eric: last week 7-9; overall 30-31-2
Derek: last week 4-12; overall 26-38-0

Ind/Ten Under 48
NYG -4.5
Min - 6.5
Det/Min Under 40
TB +6.5
Stl -3
Mia +10
Chi -10
Chi/Buf Over 34
Jax -6.5
KC/Az Over 39 1/2
Oak/SF Over 40
Phi -2
Phi/Dal Under 43
SD -3.5
Den -4

7 comments:

Eric Z said...

Boy, I could have done a lot more with this "Range Game" theme...but it was too late at night. The creative juices stopped flowing around 10 pm.

jorge blogsada said...

I don't know why, but knowing that one of the smartest people I know is ann old school game show junkie makes me feel slightly less guilty for playing video games.

dzahn07 said...

Never feel bad about video games jon. NEVER!!!!!!

skeetskeet11 said...

This from the Doogie Howser junkie...

dzahn07 said...

I used to feel bad about jerking off on your bed in college. Not anymore Lee.

Eric Z said...

I knew I was in trouble when I talked about my juices flowing....and then Derek leaves the above comment.

Eric Z said...

Oh - one more thing...

12-2-2!!!!!

Hope you all listened to me this week.