Oct 21, 2006

4 hour wedding


Bad morning so far. Terrible hangover despite only having a couple of beers, Ben stopped recording Laguna Beach for some fucking reason, and someone stole my WSJ again. Fuck these white color crimes. Then I'm sitting here thinking that I got nothing to do today except for some small errands, play Madden, and watch college football and then it hits me that I have a wedding to go to today. One of the ladies in my clerical staff's daughters is getting married today. And to top it off she never told anyone who she was inviting so everyone else in the office declined the invite because they didn't know who else was going, so now I'm stuck going to this thing by myself. Then I look at the invitation and see that the wedding starts at 2:00pm but then the reception doesn't start until 6:00pm. What the fuck is that????? She is Filipino and apparently they have 4 hour weddings? Is it rude to show up two hours late to the wedding? Or show up at the beginning to make sure she sees you and then leave to go watch the games and come back for the reception?

This is going to suck. I don't know anyone at the wedding, it will be an 8 hour ordeal, and Oh I forgot to tell you, I have to lay this person off by the end of the year. Right around the holidays!!!!! Thanks executive team for making a cut in my clerical staff right around the holidays!!!! Assholes.

Now onto the picks.
Louisville -17.5
NC State +1.5
ND Over 49.5
ND -13
ASU -23.5
K State Under 44.5
Oklahoma -14
Pitt -6- I was suckered into this pick by ESPN. I hate that. Note to everyone out there, never watch ESPN before you wager. They tout games that they are going to show and try to talk up the bad teams. Why am I taking Pitt? Because they showed a 10 minute clip of their defense. I should know better.
PSU -18.5- This is another stupid pick. I just wanted something to wager on during this morning's games. PSU offense is like the Denver Broncos. I know...I have a problem.


Pro games: Oh boy, just looked and the only home team I'm taking is the Jets. Not good at all.
Chargers -5.5
Jets -3.5
Jax -9.5
Skins +9
AZ -3
GB +5
Browns under 31.5

5 comments:

Eric Z said...

Am I allowed to reverse-gooch you (or gooch myself) by saying...

nice picks so far?

let's see... loss, loss, going to lose, going to lose, loss, loss...

0-4 so far?

Eric Z said...

2-7 on Saturday?

Hope you enjoyed the wedding...

dzahn07 said...

that was possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to me. 9 hours of a filipino wedding. And the bad mouthing I was doing at the wedding stuck me in the ass with some bad karma on the games yesterday.

Other Brad said...

Please tell me you didn't do anything on Air Force yesterday. what a disaster.

dzahn07 said...

thanks for the tip. Laid heavy on it.