Oct 28, 2006

College Football Ramblings

Wow. Its amazing how gun shy one gets after getting raped the weekend before in sports betting. I've lost all confidence. Crazy. And its a shaky morning. Onto the picks:

Cincy -6.5
Vandy -9
Purdue +3
GA Tech -5
Kansas -2

And that's it. I took a tease last night with Tulsa and ND and Tulsa had an amazing comeback, but ND is currently struggling with Navy. Ugh. I might add some more on tonight depending how things go. And Eric I know that I'm posting this late, but you can check with Jeremy and these got in on Friday, but I just haven't had the time to post.

Onto to the ramblings:

1. As I posted last weekend, I had to go to a filipino wedding. Started at 2:00pm and I left early at 10:00pm right as they cut the cake. There were at least 6 speeches that lasted a total of 40 minutes at the reception and they were all terrible. It seemed as if everyone in the wedding party got up and said some things. The food was good and they had a keg of Hef, so it wasn't too bad. I ended up sitting at one of the head tables with the mother of the bride and all of her relatives. Very strange. A supervisor of mine ended up showing up so after 6 hours I wasn't alone, which was a good thing. In the end, it wasn't that bad.

2. Had a slew of interviews this week, with the best one being a gay guy that work for Disneyland and had one of the biggest knots in his tie. This thing went from his neck down to the middle of the first and second button on his shirt. I couldn't stop staring at it and thinking why did his boyfriend let him out of the house looking like that. And then I ended up hiring a guy named Peter Schwartz, mainly because I love calling him "The Schwartz" to everyone. Its the small things that keep me going right now at work.

3. Wedding Plans are slowly coming together. Hey High School group (including Ariel and Ben), make sure you reply to the evite on reserving the house. You will be staying at the place were the reception is located.

4. I have to tell this story about Austin, eventhough he probably doesn't want me to. He already has dated a girl whose ex boyfriend was Justin Fargas (my Madden MVP two years ago) and now he went out on a date last week with someone who dated Shug Knight for three years. I know this girl and I'm shocked. And that's not the good part. When he asked her how they met, she said at MC Hammers house. I could write all day about this, but I think this speaks for itself.

No comments: