Oct 6, 2006

Quick Thoughts before the A's game

1. 0-9. Wow. That is really really bad. I'm getting so nervous, despite being up 2-0 in the series.

2. Omar and Marlo- is there a better badass duo out there? The scene in the Wire with these two is absolutely amazing. I'm so glad they never killed off Omar.

3. NHL highlights and scoring updates is now in the category with WNBA. Useless and a waste of everyone's time.

4. I feel so good after cleaning up my Tivo. Yesterday afternoon I spent about 5-6 hours to watch all the Hardballs, Scrubs, Family Guy, Wire, History of Rock, Two a Days, Laguna, and Saturday Night Lives from the past two weeks. I just feel so much better that we now only have a couple of things stored on Tivo instead of 40 shows.

5. 4-12 from last week was killer. Went from being up a ton to being down $300. Anyway, I'm not deviating from my script. Here we go:
Louisville -30
GATech -14*
Kansas St Under 45*
ND -29.5*
ND Over 53
Baylor +5
Cal -4.5 (Vegas is just itching you to take Oregon plus 4.5. Something is up here)
USC Under 49
Clemson -17
Iowa -11
* indicates big money games.

NFL games to round out the mix
49ers -3.5
KC -3
Chicago Over 34.5
MN -6.5
Den -4
Philly Over 43.5

5 comments:

Other Brad said...

I got to tell you that this is my favorite part of the week (Zahn vs Zahn Showdown)

I really like some of your picks this week which means that we are doomed.

I would go with the over in that Louisville game. I teased that with Georgia tech. I like the K St under (if they can hold Louisville to 24, thats as good as it gets). I like ND and the over.

I also like Pitt -7, Tennessee -2.5, Navy/AF under 54.5, Nev/Hawaii Over 61.5, Hawaii -11.5 and Florida -1. Most of these games I went with or teased (Navy Under, ND, ND over, GT, Louisville, Clemson, Kent St, and Boise St) in some way so I am destined for failure.

I miss college basketball.

jorge blogsada said...

I think the wire makes the sopranos look like a sitcom. It's unbelievable, and then throw in all the locals and it just can't be beat. I love the 2 grim reapers working for marlow. The one little guy looks like a creepy combination of whitney from a different world and a hobgoblin.
And how intense was the girl knife fight in Mr. Prez's class? It reminded me a lot of middle school out in the county except without the girl knife fight.

Other Brad said...

I told you we were doomed.

Eric Z said...

4-6 so far this week?

dzahn07 said...

And I lost all my big money games.