Jul 4, 2005

What would you do?

If you are in a rest area, and there is one of those "family bathrooms", and inside you hear a 4-year old screaming at the top of his lungs - "NEVER!!!", and two adults are in there trying to shush him up, well, what would you do?

I'm glad no one called the police on us. Freddie hates those automatic flushing toilets - so much so that he refused to go on them. Of course, the one rest area we pull into has nothing but the automatic toilets.

We get him on there - Janice holding one arm and trying to swat Warren away, and me holding the other arm and holding the sensor so that it doesn't flush. Of course, my hand slips and I hit the manual flush button as Freddie is still on the toilet.

"FWOOSH!!!" .... "AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

We try to get him back on there - that's the "NEVER" part. After about 3-4 minutes, we calm him down and he goes.

When we opened the door, I expected to see 3 state troopers there. But gladly no one was waiting outside with handcuffs.

2 comments:

dzahn07 said...

My Dad and I had to do that with Lee on Saturday at the golf course. We had to promise him 3 hot dogs and a bud light just to get him into the stall.

Other Brad said...

Funny, for some reason, when my 4 yr old has to go, he becomes an intellectual...

The conversations are extreme to me, but always seems to time for a good prayer from my boy, "Come on, push it out, you can do it."

I fear the future.