Jul 22, 2005

Tom Jackson doesn't make the list??????????

This is easily the best thing I have seen in years. The 64 person bracket for the most hated person on ESPN. As Aaron Gleeman wrote, "Seriously, if you can't see the genius in that, I don't think we can be friends."

http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/

All you do is go to the comment section and post who you vote for. Very cool. Each Regional is given a Team that ESPN over-hypes which is pretty entertaining in itself.

My Great Eight ended up being:

Duke Regional: (The Vitale vs. Cohen matchup actually made me think for about 5 minutes)
(16) Linda Cohen: I actually hate her and I don't mind Vitale, so I took her all the way
(2) Bayless: It says loads about ESPN with him being ranked number 2 seed

Cowboys Regional: (Reynolds vs. Salisbury is like the classic 8-9 matchup. Should be a great game)
(1) Berman: The idiot actually takes away from each sport he broadcasts
(6)Tony Reili: All I need to say about this guy is "Stat Boy"

Lakers Regional: (Probably the most likeable group with Patrick, Michaels, Wilbon, Rome, Goldber, Walton, and my favorite in Stephen A. Smith. This one was tough. I actually liked most of these guys, even the ones below, at one point in time)
(8) Paul Maguire: I used to really like him but has ruined Sunday night football for me. Tough second round matchup against Stephen A Smith, who I actually enjoy.
(2) Michael Irvin: I loved him on the Dan Patrick show. He was amazing!!! But now he just yells.

Yankees-Red Sox Regional (Easily the toughest with Theisman, Morgan, Kruk, Lupica, Grey, Golic, and Clayton not making it to the finals)
(1) Stuart Scott: Fix his lazy eye and maybe I would of gone with Kruk in this bracket, but I just hate Scott so much.
(6) Woody Paige: Him and Bayless ruin a halfway decent morning show in Cold Pizza.

Final Four: Bayless, Berman, Maguire, and Scott with Berman and Scott squaring off with Berman winning at the buzzer.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

Dear Derek:

I hate you.

I have work to do this morning.....

and I have spent the last 30 minutes analyzing this bracket.

The easiest pick is the 5-12 upset of Buster Olney over Jay Mariotti.