Jul 24, 2005

Football is just around the corner!

I was in Walgreen's the other day, waiting for a prescprition to be filled ("come back in 10 minutes.... yeah, right... how about 58 minutes") when I rifled through the magazine rack.

All the NFL preview magazines are stocked. It's time for football season!

What a wonderful time of the year. Training camp starts, August flies by and then...voila! It's time for 17 Sundays of NFL heaven.

Some beginning notes this year:
1) Can't wait to see Charlie Frye in action.
2) The Browns are not interested in signing Peter Boulware. As of this moment, no reason is given for this.
3) Did I really see Dr. Z say that the over/under in Vegas for teh # of Browns wins is,,,, four? 4? I mean, jeesh. I'm not predicting playoffs or anything, but we are better team than last year's 4 win team.
Derek or Leland, do you have a link to the latest over/under win totals for the NFL?
4) I need help deciding what jersey to buy this year. My closet is full of Tim Couch, Jeff Garcia, and Eric Metcalf (old school) jerseys. I do have a white Willie Green jersey, but I have a feeling he may be gone soon.
My choices for a new jersey are:
Winslow
Andre Davis (WR)
Frye
Suggs
I mean, I don't have 100% confidence that those guys will be around another 3 years. I don't want to keep buying a jersey every year. That's the price of rooting for a team that has sucked.
5) For those with Direct TV, they are a offering a new service for a price. The premium package consists of:
- all games in HD (I don't have it....yet)
- the "red zone" channel - a channel that will flip to games where a team is inside the 20 yard line
- a channel with 8 split screens showing 8 games at once. However, this may not top the all-time greatest split screen I have ever seen, a Spanish-language Mexican "talk show" that was split into 4 to show everyone's reaction when Maria tells Jose about her affair. (I guess you really had to be here. Derek, Jay and I thought it was the most hilarious thing we ever saw)
- and, at the end of Sunday's games, they will edit each game into a 30-minute commerical free show, showing every play for the game. The shows for each game will then be "looped" until next week's action.
For fantasy players, this is heaven.

1 comment:

skeetskeet11 said...

According to betonsports.com, the over/under for the browns season wins is 4.5. over (-140), under (even).