Aug 19, 2005

Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts while I wait for traffic to die down on a Friday evening.

I really can't wait until Eric posts his blog about the formula for drafting. This might be the biggest thing since OPS. I'm in a personal record of 5 Fantasy Football leagues this year. What is the point now? I'm basically rooting for everyone, and I'm basically looking just to break even. And its not like I don't have enough to do on Sundays.

Did Jay's kid eat him? Haven't seen or heard for that Schillzilla in a long time.
XM Radio has turned me into a freak. I drive with the receiver in hand and constantly scroll through the channels looking for the next crap song that I haven't heard in years. I now have a 2 hour commute 2 days a week, and I can tell you that I do not put that receiver down for longer than 5 minutes. Its like I have ADD. I now have to issue a public apology to my brother for yelling at him for doing this exact same thing.
And fucking Tivo!!! Jesus. It has totally exceeded all of my expectations.

Going to a scrimmage on Sunday at USC with my buddy Austin. Expected attendance....50,000. Did the Terps even have scrimmages that we could go to?

Was I dreaming or was Coach Fridge actually on the front of ESPN.com the other day?

Why is everyone bitching about Madden 2006. I love the cone and they have corrected a couple of issues from last year's version. I'm sure the programmers didn't spend much time improving the look of the game, since they probably deep in development for the new game system coming out this winter, so what does everyone expect. Remember it wasn't that long ago that we were all playing GameDay and swore off Madden.
Overall Rating: 7 out of 10.

Question for Eric and RRD (or whoever else): What makes the top notch golfers decided which tournaments to play in (other than the majors). Why the Memorial? Why the Buick? Why not the Zurich Open in Baton Rouge? Is it because of the money? Course? Competition? It seems as if VJ plays in every single tournament, and the reason why he is racking up all of these wins is that Tiger, Mick, Els, and company don't play all the time. Just a thought.

The waves in Dana Point glow. That's right, they glow at night. Ben and I first thought it was the St. Regis shinning a blacklight down on the beach at night, or something like that. But nope, it's just "natural" as they say here. I have a feeling that someone has not been reading the "Do not Dump" signs in front of all of our drains.

It continues to amaze me at the incompetence of the people that I work with. I think that only 10% of the employees at a certain company understand and are smart enough to get things done. 60% of the people come in to work everyday and understand their place and usually stay out of the way, since they don't care. The remaining 30% are people who are completely clueless. They are so clueless that they get in the middle of everything, and just completely fuck up everything. For some reason they still have their jobs, despite continuous fuck ups. They tend to be managed by the same type of people who have no balls to tell them that they suck, so you could come across an entire department of complete fuckups. So you have these idiots causing delays because they don't understand the first thing about Business, Project Management, Finance, or just plain life in general. They tend to cause you possibly several hours of delays per day due to their crazy emails or continuous interruptions in meetings. I probably work an extra 10 hours a week fixing issues that they cause. It is absolutely amazing.

No comments: