Aug 21, 2005

Eric's Running Back Ratings

I'm struck by how deep this list is in terms of high-quality backs. I think there are RB's of great quality - not good, great -and the 12, 13, 14 spot.

For a yardage-heavy league:
"A" Backs:
1. Tomlinson
2. Holmes
3. Alexander
4. James
5. McAllister
6. Davis, D
7. Lewis, J
8. Portis
"A-"
9. Bell
10. Jordan
11. Jones, J
12. Dillon
13. McGahee
"B+"
14. Barber
15. Johnson, R
16. Green
17. Martin
18. Jones, K
"B"
19. Staley
"B-"
20. Jackson
21. Westbrook
22. Brown, K
23. Taylor
"C+"
24. Barlow
25. Arrington
26. Faulk
"C"
27. Suggs
28. Foster

4 comments:

dzahn07 said...

Boy, for the most important category, your rankings are very bad. I wish I could be in a league with you. If you think that Tomlinson and Holmes are in the same class as James/Davis/Portis, then you will have some issues.

I know its tough to split out A- with B+, but I'm assuming that if a guy comes available in the A- group, you would take them over B+? You would take Bell, who will likely split time in Denver over workhorses in Martin/Barber/Green?

Eric Z said...

I admit, I did not take a lot of time at the top of the list. Let me explain; our league is a keeper league - we get to keep one player from last year. So - in our league - usually the top 5 RBs aren't even available.

That's the case this year - in our league, Tomlinson, Portis, Alexander, James, R Johnson, Davis, and McGahee are unavailable.

So I didn't split hairs about Tomlinson and Holmes.

Looking back, I should have made an "A+" and an "A" category. You are correct, the top 3 are definitely in another level as compared to RB 4-8.

Now - as for your second point - I am reconsidering. I am high on Bell, but I think I have Tiki way too low. I'll need to revise that.

I have never been the biggest Martin fan - no catching ability - and Green, for whatever reason, scares me with injuries and the uncertainty in GB.

I probably would take Tiki over Bell, but I think I'll take Bell over Martin and Green.

dzahn07 said...

So do you have one of the top RBs?

Keith said...

Who are all the keepers in your league?