Aug 28, 2005

Crap Music

Ben and I were arguing the other day about Maroon 5, and how much they suck. I'm not going to get into that argument since it should be agreed that Maroon 5 is just a glorified boy band with a couple of guitars, and their music makes N'Sync sound like Megadeath. But what should be noted is how long their songs have remained in the mainstream radio rotation. Their album was released back in early 2002 and they still dominate the airwaves with songs off that album. Here is the question...Has there been an album in the last couple of decades that continue to release songs 3 years later? Pearl Jam-Ten? Metallica-Metallica? On XM yesterday, Maroon 5 was on 4 different stations, with different songs. In my opinion this represents how much the music industry sucks right now, and their inability to find original and solid talent.

2 comments:

Other Brad said...

I have 2. Shania Twain's "Come on over" CD I think is still releasing top 10 singles (some actually reached pop music/not just country).

Released in 1997. These are the titles that reached the radio airwaves (and it ranged over a new song on a yearly basis for quite a while, maybe 2 or 3 a year).

1. Come on Over
2. Man I feel like a woman
3. From this Moment on
4. Don't be stupid
5. You're still the one
6. Honey, I'm Home
7. That Don't impress me much
8. Love gets me every time.

For most artist, 2 of these songs would come out on several albums. The only thing Mrs. Twain did was release an international album "Come on over" in 99.

More recently, I am getting tired of Kelly Clarkson.

RRD said...

On a somewhat similar vein, I remember that Top Gun was in the theatre for what seemed like ages in the summer of 1986.