Aug 21, 2005

Fantasy Ratings...

Every year, before the draft, I prepare my making my own list of top 25/50 QB/RB/WR. I like to make my own evaluations first before being swayed by the magazine's opinions.

The steps I take:
1) Review each NFL team's depth chart, writing down the starting QB, 2RB, 2Wr and TE (or 3 WR); assess the team and any changes it made (coaching? philosophy?) and then give each player a preliminary grade;
2) Sort by grade (lump all the A's, A-minus's, etc) and see if anything is odd
3) Compare the initial groupings to the standard lists printed out by magazines
We have to take into account that I am in a yardage-heavy league. We only give out 2 pts for TDs, which I think is the right way to do it.
4) Make adjustments, and then rank within each grade.

OK - here we go!

No comments: