Aug 24, 2005

Baseball

I hate the A's. I hate that my mood depends on if they win or lose. I hate that A's have reverted to their old habits of May. I hate getting consistently 2-3 hit by scrubs. I hate that my expectations have changed about 4 times this year. I hate that Crosby is out of control right now and is trying to pull every single pitch for a homer. I hate that Crosby has to bat third. I hate being passed by the Yanks and the Indians in the Wild Card race. I hate thinking that we are out of the playoff race this early, despite the fact that we play the Indians and the Yanks 3 more times each in the next month.

I love the fact no matter what happens this year, the rookies are all getting important playing time down the stretch. I love that our pitching staff that has been outstanding will be returning. I love that we will shed Dotel, Rincon, Duarzo, and Hatteburgs salary next year that will allow us to get that right handed power bat that we need. I love that Swisher, Johnson, Street, Blanton, and Haren have exceeded expectations as rookies and will allow us to get that one power bat. I love that our team will be twice as good next year and should walk away with the division.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

Again, it's good that this is baseball and not football. I understand that your mood depends on them. But it only lasts 24 hours... what if they win today? Then you will be feeling better.

Imagine how many days I felt suicidal after the KC-Cle NFL game - the Dwayne Rudd helmet toss. The NFL is the WORST at this. You are experiencing 1/7th of the pain that an NFL fan feels week-to-week - and that's only because there are 165 hours between games, not 21.