Aug 3, 2005

No Limit

So played some poker last night at Hollywood Park. This will become the downfall of my graduate career, since Hollywood Park is conveniently located halfway between my office and home and it breaks up the 2 hour commute.

So met up with some friends there playing in a tournament and watched them for a while. Ended up playing 4-8 for about two hours and I was even. Went back over to check on my friends and one was out, while the other two were advancing pretty nicely. Anyway, my one friend Travis convinced me to join him at the no limit table. Hollywood Park has a couple of different No Limit games which actually is pretty nice. I played some $2-$3 no limit with a $100 buy in. There seems to be more talking at these tables as everyone is just having a good time. Also, you have more novice players than at the structured table for some reason. Now I've played some no limit games in Vegas and I was totally out of my league since I was in the shark tank at the Monte, but at Hollywood Park, it was a different story. Was up pretty large for most of the time, but then lost it all as by pocket queens lost to pocket aces. Ugh. Anyway, I think I'm getting out of the structured games and going into the no limit scene. Have a nice private game planned for Friday night, which will hopefully bankroll another run at Hollywood Park on Saturday. Will keep you all posted.

And I haven't commented on the A's recent run since I don't want to call out the Gooch.

2 comments:

Buck Super Stereo said...

weren't you the one that once posted something about not wanting to hear others whine about their poker hands? what a hippocrite. i'm glad eric gooched the no-no.

dzahn07 said...

What? I only made a quick little comment about it.