Aug 12, 2005

Craps!

One of the great things about Craps is that there are so many nicknames that players use to call their favorite number. Every time I play, I hear something different.

Some examples:
"Fever Dice" (5)
"Little Joe" and "Big Richard" (4, 10)
"Three women and me" (4, the easy way)

I heard a player Wednesday keep yelling "Square Pegs! Square Pegs!" on the come-out roll. I had no idea what that was. A 12? But I don't think he had any of the horn numbers....

Any other favorites?

4 comments:

dzahn07 said...

I really don't have any nicknames for numbers, except that I love yelling "What do you say..." right as the person rolls the dice. And when it's not a seven, I'll yell out the number. If its a seven I'll just drop an F bomb.

Eric Z said...

"EIGHT! ALWAYS a good number!!"

Buck Super Stereo said...

you gotta love craps. its such a fun social event. i've only played a handful of time, walked away a fairly decent winner the first time so it'll have a soft spot in my heart.

that first time, there was a hefty new yorker that would yet out "come on now, shootah!" before every roll. i've adopted that as my own call.

Anonymous said...

Nothing got me laughing like a "53 for you and meeee!" from Eric Z! (imagine the pitch getting higher with each word)

Man do I miss Vegas!