Aug 4, 2005

Long time, no post

Yes, it has been a long time since I posted. Sorry about that hiatus. There was a golf tournament, a 4-day trip to Cincinnati, and work that all got in the way. Derek has posted some great topics over the past several days to cover.

Some thoughts on baseball:

1) I think Derek and I are on the same page when it comes to Raffy. For all you Pete Rose haters out there, one question for you:
If you are against Rose being in the hall, you'd also have to against Raffy going into the hall, right? It's only logical.

2) I was going to talk about the Tribe, but the devastating loss tonight kind of rained on that parade. A tough decision for Wedge - Millwood pitched 8 strong, and was under 95 pitches. Wickman pitched Tue and Wed, and declares himself "great" and "ready to go" if needed tonight. The Tribe leads 3-2 going into the 9th.
What do you do? A tough, tough call.
Wedge called for Wickman, and we end up losing on 2 solo HRs.
(I'm sure Derek thinks this is somehow sweet revenge- for what, I'm not sure.)

3) Is there a law that says that any male who:
- is overweight by 10-30 pounds
- is of the age 25-34, and
- has a bushy moustache/goatee
MUST be a Red Sox fan? Geesh.

4) I'm happy to see Washington fade into the night. It's just not right that a team that relocated in their 1st year makes the playoffs. Suffer a little first, God dammit!

2 comments:

dzahn07 said...

I've never been happier to see the Yanks win. You should know better.

skeetskeet11 said...

34 years of not having a baseball team is not enough suffering for you? I guess that if you've been rooting for the Tribe for the last 34 years, not having a team might be an attractive option...