Oct 3, 2007

Quick Indians post

A couple of things:

1) Who the hell starts a playoff game at 6:30? Well, since I am flying solo this week (with Janice in Paris), I won't be able to watch game 1 (or game 2, for that matter) in peace.

So I am planning to TiVo the game. Please, all of you - no calls. I'll put the kids to bed around 8:30 or 9 or so and then start watching. Everyone will know when I find the final result of the game - phones will be ringing, this blog will have 4-5 more posts.

PS - so do I need to TiVo TBS and TNT? Like a playoff game will be 3 1/2 hours - please. At 10 pm, will TBS stay on the TRibe/Yanks game, or should I TiVo TNT? Argh.

2) I could learn a few parenting tips from Don. We are in the porcess of trying to win the ticket lottery for ALDS, ALCS and WS tickets. I was wondering what do to if I won and the Tribe got to the Series - who would go?

Don: Why not the boys?

Eric: Well, they'd be too young, I think...maybe Freddie... but it would be too late in the night....

Don: No, no, this is a team effort!

Eric: Team effort?

Don: Yeah - you flip the car over.....

the boys can light it on fire.

I like the optimism.

I then complained to Don that we have a global yearly meeting on Oct 31 and Nov 1 in Cincinnati that not only is mandatory, but I am on the organizing committee. Oct 31 and Nov 1 are games 6 and 7 of the WS, if necessary.

So how the hell can I attend and/or celebrate with those meetings?

Don has the perfect solution:

"You can't go to work if you can't post bail...."

Brilliant!

3) Browns-Miami tickets arrived today. Freddie and I are going up next week for the game. We'll see how this goes.

3 comments:

Schillzilla said...

Eric,

Yes you have to Tivo both channels, just in case the previous game runs long, the Indians will start on TNT.

Tivo-ing games is fine, I have been doing it for awhile. I just tivo-ed last nights game and watched it after I put Luke to bed at 8:30. You can skip the commericals, and it is much more enjoyable.

The key for big games like this is to disconnect your land phone line (if you still have one) and turn off your cell phone. Then you are good to go.

How impressive was Beckett last night???? Damn! 3 post season shutouts in his career. Not too bad.

skeetskeet11 said...

you're getting awfully close to gooching yourself with your agony over games 6&7 of the WS, when you haven't even played a game of the Divisional Series...!

Eric Z said...

I understand the gooch part.... but you have to plan ahead for the contingency.....

see the "if necessary"....the WS could end in 4 games!

You got to plan ahead now just in case.