Oct 16, 2007

Let's see what the Sportsguy has to say tomorrow

Wow. Indians lead the series 3-1. Some quick comments about the last couple of games:

1. Papelbon and Manny. I want to rip them for their antics but I can't. With the stupid face and fist pumping from Papelbon to Manny's posing which is becoming worse by every home run, it is almost too much to handle. But then I remember back to my favorite players growing up and it was The Eck doing his fist pumping, Canseco and Rickey doing their ridiculous home run trots, and Dave Stewart and his stupid glare. With that being said it is hard for me to be really critical of the Sox doing the same things that the A's used to do in the late 80s.

2. I hate Fox. Has anyone else noticed that they continue to do close ups of all 9 players of the Sox each game either in 8th or 9th inning, but they don't do it with the Indians? Now I hate the close ups, but why is it only centered on the Sox?

3. Joe Morgan made a comment about democracy during the last broadcast. He said "With the luxury tax, everyone gets to share in the wealth and that is what democracy is all about." Really? That's not what I think it means, then John Miller stated "While it is nice, but that is not what democracy stands for" with Joe replying "Well it should be what it stands for." Ummmm....Joe please just stop.

4. Can we make a rule that if a ball is not hit for a homer, then announcers can't say "Well that ball can't be hit any harder." Well sir it can be. It's been happening too many times.

5. Great preview on AthleticNation about Game 4. Its the "I throw slow" vs. "No I throw slower" pitching matchup.

1 comment:

mer said...

I think I have to go to game 5. eBay here I come.