Oct 9, 2007

About Last Night

A couple of notes from this weekend and last night:




  • Chip Carey sucks!!!!!! This reminds me of the mid 90s when every offensive lineman was trying to sound like John Madden. If I closed my eyes I could of sworn that was Joe Buck doing the game. And what was with that "A little Vitamin D from the Milkman" line when Melky caught a fly ball? Makes no sense.

  • I said it before and I will say it again, Tony Gwynn wears his fat so nicely.

  • I listened to most of the Indians series on the radio and it was so enjoyable because of John Miller. But its bad when I'm asking why isn't Joe Morgan the color guy. Dusty Baker was terrible as his fill in. The guy is clueless. Knows nothing about either team. Really took away from Miller's magical calls.

  • What a great push last night on the over/under in the Indians score!!! I thought I had it in the bag until Mussina pitched lights out and Byrd pitched out of his ass.

  • I told Eric that Wedge was doing the right thing by pitching Byrd, but wanted a quick hook if he got in trouble. Too many times in the past I have seen the A's push Hudson, Mulder, and Zito to go on 3 days rest with horrendous results. Unless your name is RJ or even Schilling, go with a fresh starter instead of pushing a guy on 3 days rest. Those days are over since nobody is capable of even going on 4 days rest anymore.

  • And what is with Wedge. He is a cross between a homeless man and Popeye. I can't wait to see what happens to him during the ALCS.

  • Joe Torre gone? Its tough but I think it is the right move. And it is the perfect time in my mind. George has to hold someone accountable right? And the players won't leave because of him since most of them will take the extra million to stay.
  • Right now I'm going with the Indians in 7. CC and Carmona will win all of their games.

3 comments:

Wiz said...

I agree Chip Carey might be the worst announcer in baseball. He was basically outward rooting for the Yankees. I hate that man.

On another note, I'm currently in Minneapolis and myself and a colleague decided to go to a Minnesota Wild game tonight. I have to say hockey in person is a great sport. I haven't been to a live hockey game probably since the Dale Hunter Capitals days but it was great. Maybe it was the venue, the Xcel Energy Arena holds 18K people but it feels small. These people up here are extremely knowledgeable about hockey, its like a religion to them.

The funniest part about the game was that during the intermissions they select a fan to ride on the Zamboni while they clean the ice. So you had some 40+ year old dude riding shotgun on a Zamboni waving to the crowd like he is the President. All I kept picturing in my mind was Eric up on that Zamboni and how much fun he would think it was.

Last note, to make the game interesting I threw $100 on the Wild on VIP.com to win the game outright with no spread. Line was -190! How is that possible in hockey? Anyway the Wild won 2-0 so I took home $53!

Eric Z said...

Blue Jackets -180 tonight - WINNER!

Flyers are +115...... at press time, they are up 5-1!

Too bad the wager was only $5.....

Layup said...

Wiz, you would find grass growing exciting if you could bet on it.