Oct 4, 2007

Game 1 in the books

A 12-3 win. Wow.

In the past, I would be thinking that we were blowing our load here, and a shutout against us is in the making for game 2 tomorrow - but this is the Yankees. No lead is truly safe. I could really, truly relax only at 11-3.

Courgaeous performance by CC. Kept battling and battling, despite the minute (but consistent) strike zone set by Froemming.

Would like to hear Jon's perspective on the non-bunt by Jeter. Does Jeter ever bunt in that situation?

That 5th inning brought all the adrenaline back that has been missing since 2001 - the fear and nausea in the top of the inning, and the wild, 4-year-old girl celebrations in the bottom of the inning ( I think I hurt my hands as I was pounding them on my waist yelling for Blake's double to get down...)

I'm not sure why Wedge elected to use our setup men (Perez and Betancourt) in the game. Do they need work? Why do we give the Yanks a look at them?

It's nice to have 1 in the books - I'll feel a whole lot better if Carmona can come through tomorrow.

And - we have the LeBron controversy. I think it is sickening. It truly has lowered my opinion of him.

No comments: