Oct 8, 2007

My guess is the Jaeg is empty

I'm figuring with Joe Borowski's heart attack ninth, Eric is probably passed out. Or potentially looking as bad as Derek did at the end of his wedding night. How great is it that the Yanks are out? I know everyone will bitch that the RS are in....but I'd like to offer a hearty STFU to all of you! I'm still giddy that we will no longer be seeing:

1. Jeter and have to hear about his great intangibles and leadership qualities
2. Ronan Tynan and his freaking Satellite dish ears
3. Yankee mystique
4. Roger F-ing Clemens
5. Joe Torre and Steinbrenner

Woohoo!!!! Thank you Tribe!!!!!!!!

As far as th ALCS goes. Well, lets face it. These were the two best teams in baseball all year, so its fitting it comes down to them. The Yankees slept for two months, had an incredible run just to get in the postseason - nice job. But the Sox and Indians were the most consistant, most balanced teams all season - so they deserve to be playing right now.

I am scared sh!tless of Carmona and CC right now. I think they can completely shut down the Red Sox offense. BUT, with Borowski at the end ANYTHING is possible. We all know that a teams season long achilles heel ALWAYS rears its head and mushrooms in the postseason, so I have to hope that his suckitude derails a strong start or two in the series (think Mark Wholers, or any Braves closer for that matter, Calvin Schiraldi, BYK, etc). If that does happen that will be tough to rebound from because a blown lead just hangs around like a black cloud. I know, ARZ won with BYK, but would Wedge be bold enough to pitch his two horses the amount that ARZ rode Schilling and RJ?? I doubt it.

Should be a good series, I'll pick the Sox in 7. Not really a pick, just what I want.

BTW, Eric where was the writeup on the Browns Pats game? And was that the craziest cover this year?? Wow. The Browns played OK, the Pats definitely didn't have their A game. You must feel like they are still going in the right direction despite the 17 point loss. Hey that was the closest game they played all season!

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

Jay:

Sorry, no comments yet about the browns-Pats game. I was golfing most of the day and kept up to date through my pager and Derek's text messages.

The first fifteen minutes went something like this:

- Pager says 3-0
- Derek txt: "Great goal line stop!"
- Derek txt: "Browns moving!"
- Derek txt: "Browns 1st & goal at 1!!!!'

Nothing for a while

- Pager: 10-0 Patriots
- Derek txt: "Anderson sucks"