Oct 13, 2007

NFL Week 6: Mr. Peterman


Who better to promote a crap slate of games than Mr. Peterman? There is only one game at all worth mentioning - the NE-Dal game - but Mr. Peterman would come up with a way to make all 13 games this week exciting!


Hell, he'll try to convince you that the teams on a bye - Indy, Pittsburgh, Denver, among others - aren't really on a bye but playing in an alternate cosmos for you to watch. But only if you buy his sunglasses from Lesotho.


(baseball comment: C.C. really disappointed me. I was yelling at the TV - Stop Nibbling! Stop trying to make the exact perfect pitch! You are CC- not Zack Grienke, for God's sake. Argh.


I will be at a Halloween party - the exact same party I was at in 2001 when Jeter made the tag on Jason Giambi. I watched that play from the host's bedroom that night. Don't ask. It's better than telling you the story of where I saw the OJ Verdict be announced....


Anyway, on to the picks:


KC 26, Cin 23. Maybe this is wishful thinking.

Jax 24, Hou 13. Jax is one of those teams no one knows anything about - but they are efficient (now with Garrard) and have a solid D.

Chi 20, Min 19. GB had Grieses stopped dead last week, until Favre gave away the game. No one says anything about that.

NYJ 23, Phi 20, OT. Just a hunch.

Bal 20, StL 17. Bal is 0-5 ATS this season.

Ten 23, TB 16. Something about this game is fishy....but I'm biting.

GB 27, Was 20. Favre should bounce back.

Az 24, Car 20. Again, this line is too good to be true. I'm not biting here, though.

NE 30, Dal 28. I'm taking the points in the game of the year so far.

SD 24, Oak 20. Oakland is much better than peolpe think.

Sea 24, NO 13. No comments here - NO is demorlaized, I think.

Atl 24, NYG 21. Monday night underdog - again!


Best bets: last week: 8-8; overall: 36-38-6.


KC +3

KC/Cin Over 42 1/2

Jax -6.5

Min +5

NYJ +3.5

StL + 9 1/2

Ten +3

GB -3

GB/Was over 40 1/2

Dal +5.5

Oak +10

Sea -6.5

Sea/NO Under 43

Atl +3.5


I will be in Cleveland for the game tomorrow - go Browns!

No comments: