Oct 28, 2007

NFL Week 8: Kenny Bania


Well, this is what I am reduced to right now with my NFL picks. I feel like I am Kenny Bania. Oh sure, I have a confident face - I have my material, my Ovaltine, my conviction that the Dolphins will score 20 points in London - but deep down, I'm insecure and looking for help.

It's so bad that Jay could come up to me and say: "hey, look, I'm worried. I not only think the Pats game will be close, I think the Skins can win!".

That's Gold, Jay, Gold!!!!!!

Anyway, I have absolutely no confidence in any of these picks, and that's usually a good sign.

Det 24, Chi 17. I am thoroughly unimpressed with Chicago.
Ind 24, Car 16. Maybe I'm giving Vinny (!) too much credit here. This Vinny thing is amazing, no? He was a veteran for us - in 1994!!!!! And now here he is.
NYG 34, Mia 20. Derek is convinced the under will happen here - and logically, that's the right way to go - but do you think the NFL will let a 20-7 snorefest occur in London?
Ten 23, Oak 13. Ten is my prediction for a wild card and to knock off SD in the first round ofthe playoffs. Mark my words. (The other AFC Wild Card matchup? See 2002 (but hopefully a different result).
Min 19, Phi 16. Just a hunch here.
Pit 27, Cin 20. Should be a lot worse than the score indicates.
NYJ 23, Buf 17. Why am I doing this to myself?
SD 24, Hou 10. Gees, Hou has been bad the last couple of weeks. And the 4th quarter last week was a fluke.
TB 20, Jax 10. I will be shocked if Jax wins this game.
NO 27, SF 10. This prediction makes me queasy. Something is wrong here with the line - only 2 1/2?
NE 30, Was 13 - I'm not saying Was will stop New England, but there will be enough ball control (on both sides) to slow down the game a bit.
GB 23, Den 17. Let's not give Denver too much credit here, ok?

Best bets: Last week: 3-12 (woo hoo!); overall: 43-58-8. Oh my God.
Det +6
Det/Chi Under 45
NYG/Mia over 48
Ten -7
Ten/Oak under 40 1/2
Min +1.5
Pit -4
NYJ -3
SD -9
SD/Hou under 45
TB -4
NO -2 1/2
Was/NE under 48
GB +3

6 favorites, 3 underdogs. I don't like that.
4 unders, 1 over. I don't like that either.

No comments: