Oct 21, 2007

NFL Picks Week 7: Bob Sacamano

Does an NFL week occur if your favorite team is not playing? It's always a weird feeling with the bye week. My routine and scheduling for a Sunday is off. Should we actually make plans during the day? Should I make sure I'm around at 3;45 and 6:55 Eastern to watch the end of other games - games I'm not truly emotionally invested in?

Does an NFL week occur if you're not paying full attention to it? If you don't watch it?

Does Bob Sacamano exist if no one sees him? Bob is Kramer's friend that is never seen in any episode, yet Sacamano's exploits are the basis of a few shows. Does he really exist, or is he a figment of Kramer's imagination?

Sacamano is probably related to another famous TV character that only exists in one person's mind....Snuffleupagus.

(By the way, two fascinating pieces of movie trivia I stumbled upon myself this weekend.....

1. While watching the end of "The Naked Gun", the lady who was the mayor of LA gave Frank Drebin an apology at the end of the movie. I instantly recongized her but couldn't place her. What other famous character did the mayor in "The Naked Gun" play?

2. Everybody remembers the blackjack scene from Austin Powers, right?
"You have 5..."
"I'll stay!"
"Sir, I suggest you hit! You have 5!"
"I ALSO like to live dangerously!"

The blackjack dealer later played a famous role in a sit-com. What is that role?

On to the picks:

Was 27, Az 10. I believe the QB situation is now the end of the Arizona mirage.

NO 30, Atl 13. Why am I jumping on this bandwagon?

Buf 20, Bal 17. OK - I'll be honest. Baltimore is a FRAUD. A Fraud, all right? Don't you people understand this? Doesn't anyone? They have played: @ Cin (L), NYJ (W), Az (W), @ Cle (L), @ SF (W), Stl (W). Jees - when you list 6 teams and Cleveland BY FAR is the best team on that list, that's a weak schedule. And here they are playing Buffalo.

Dal 28, Min 20. Don't have a real idea on this one. Peterson could break out again.

NE 31, Mia 20. I'm sorry, I don't care how good you are - if you are a home team and are getting 16-17 points, you have to take it. Miami's not that bad - they're not 1999 Expansion Browns bad. They're just not.

NYG 16, SF 10. This is a letdown game for the Giants.

Det 24, TB 21. Does anyone know anything about these two teams?

Hou 20, Ten 17. I think Johnson is back for the Texans.

Oak 24, KC 20. KC is not that good - Cincinnati is that bad. That explains last week's Chiefs' win.

Cin 27, NYJ 24. I really want to pick a JEts win here....

Phi 27, Chi 21. The Cincinnati chapter of "I picked McNabb as my Fantasy QB and now look what crap I have" will meet at my house at 1 pm on Sunday.

Sea 23, StL 10. I'm secretly rooting for a Rams win here....I don't want to face them next week when the Rams are 0-7.

Pit 24, Den 10. Safe to say the only way I'll be watching this is if the Red Sox are up 8-0 in the 4th.

Jax 27, Ind 24. Should be a Monday night classic.

Best bets: (last week: 4-8-2. Geesh, time to start heating up, Eric!. Season: 40-46-8)
Was -8.5
NO -8.5
Buf +3
Mia + 16.5
SF +9.5
SF/BYG under 39 1/2
Hou +1.5
KC/Oak over 37 1/2
NYJ +6.5
Chi/Phi over 41 1/2
Sea -8.5
StL/Sea under 39 1/2
Pit -3.5
Jax +3
Ind/Jax over 44 1/2

2 comments:

Layup said...

Eric, a couple of things here.

1. In the end, who has a tougher schedule, the Browns or Ravens? I believe it is the Ravens. So if the Browns go 8-8 or even 9-7 because their second half of their schedule looks very similar to the Ravens first half, it is OK for everyone to call the Browns a fraud?

2. Um....Mr. Byrd paging Mr. Bryd.

3. Miami is the second worst team in the league (Rams the worst) playing the best team in the league that has covered every spread. Your reason in taking the Dolphins should of been that you can't think of a single reason to take the dolphins, not that they are a home team.

Eric Z said...

Teh schedule thing. The only difference in the schedule is 2 games. Bal and Cle play 14 (out of 16) common opponents.

This year, it looks bad....

Bal plays Ind and SD
Cle plays Hou and Oak

that's the only difference in the schedules. So yes, Bal would have a tougher schedule - but it's not by much.