Jul 9, 2007

With friends like these.....

Well, now that we are at the All-Star break, let me give a big round of applause to two teams that could have helped out the Tribe this weekend.

First, we have the A's, playing the team closest to the Tigers/Indians in the Wild Card Race - the Mariners. The A's rolled over and played dead, losing three straight to Seattle. The M's are now within 1 1/2 games of the Tribe, and Seattle is now 6 1/2 games up on Oakland. The A's aren't dead, but that series had to hurt. Thanks for the help, Derek.

And then we come to Arrogant Nation, the Red Sox. Well, I thought to myself, at least Boston will take 1 of 3 against the Tigers......seeing as though everyone has prety much awarded them the AL pennant and all. But no, Team Red Sox goes down three straight to our direct rival, the Tigers. Yes, I know we only won 1 out of 3 vs. Toronto, but just 1 Red Sox win would have kept us in the division lead at the all star break.

(Seeing this fold-o vs. the Tigers just deepens my hate for the Red Sox. I almost want to see the Yanks come back to the Sox and make it a race - it will be like watching a Phil Mickelson vs. Chris Riley in a playoff.........I wouldn't know who I hate more....)


Thanks, guys. I guess the Tribe is on their own this year.....

1 comment:

RRD said...

Winner of Riley v. Mickelson gets the winner of Singh v. Sabbatini.

Sadly, DC talk radio has jumped on the 'Tiger is beatable', Sabbatini was correct bandwagon. I can't wait until they are licking their wounds after he romps at Carnoustie. Frankly, I don't see him not winning the tournament.