Jul 19, 2007

Let the Rain fall down

Discovered the Noggin channel tonight and got to watch some old Laguna Beach reruns. Ahhhh, Kristen where have you gone? I miss you so much.

And what is Noggin? I thought it was a kids channel, but I've seen ads for shows on this channel that shows two girls kissing, and then a separate one for a guy coming out of the closet? Carol thinks it is a Canadian teen soap opera show.

Interesting question for us gamblers. If presented the opportunity, would you of bet on the dogfights at Vick's house? I'm going to table this for a while since I'm not too sure what I would do, since my first reaction was no, but if Vick's cousin told me about an obvious layup, I might have to lay some money down.

For those of you that don't believe in the Gooch just ask Jon what happened today. I'm truly sorry Jon. I should understand and control the Gooch better.

3 comments:

RRD said...

Dogfighting? If you were Marty McFly, would you do your Mom, circa 1955?

Eric Z said...

Ah, you are talking about Degrassi, some sort of "Real World" meets "The Wonder Years" made for Canadian TV.
Yes, it has been considered edgy.

Noggin turns to "The N" at 6 pm eastern - as it moves from trying to lure the 0-5 demographic during the daytime to getting the desired 11-17 demographic* at night

* - and, of course, 14-year-olds at heart, like Derek.


OK, I have to ask this question about Vick.
Derek - you went to Del Mar today. What happens when a horse breaks a leg in a race?
Well, how much different is that vs. the killing of the loser in a dogfight?

I mean, veterinary medicine can save the horse, right? Even if the horse can't race again, it can still live......so why is it ok to kill the horse and yet we want to execute Vick & co. for essentially the same deed?

I can't believe I am defending this... I'm not.... but this dichotomoy strikes me as odd....

dzahn07 said...

RRD: Scary that I was just wondering the same thing last week when I caught the movie on HBO. And the answer is yes.

Eric: I'm Tivoing Degrassi. Way too interesting to let it go by without a single watch.

Eric 2: What is the difference between injection and hanging the dog/horse? There is a big one.