Jul 27, 2007

Sports Odds and Ends

It's a slow day here at work today - it is an official annual "Clean out Files" day - so I will be "busy" cleaning out hard & soft files. I guess that means the images I have saved for posting on F&J need to be thrown out....

Some quick sports tidbits:

- Sad news to hear about Skip Prosser. I don't think there is another coach that has links to all the readers of this blog:
1) He has Maryland ties with his coaching stint at Loyola (MD);
2) He has Ohio/Cincinnati ties with his stint at Xavier; and
3) Of course, he has the ACC ties with WF.

People in Cincinnati still love him.

- The Browns have signed Joe Thomas (#3 overall) AND Eric Wright (CB from UNLV, 2nd round)! Two huge signings....and Mr. Elf (John Clayton) can go blow it out his ass as he preidcted "a long and drawn-out holdout from Joe Thomas".
Those are two key cogs that are needed right away for the Browns - especially Wright.

I know a bunch of you are asking "Well, what about Quinn??" I'm not so worried about him. He's not starting day 1 (unlike Thomas and Wright), and Quinn is more of a long term investment.
So if he's not here for the opening, I'm ok with that. Quinn is not as critical for 2007 as the others....he's more important for 2008 and beyond.

- I feel like I'm on the golf course in the middle of summer, and all of a sudden there is a rumbling in the distance....a storm is on the horizon. I'm the Tribe and that storm, of course, is the Yankees. Will I get to the clubhouse in time to beat the storm? Will the storm fizzle out before it gets to me? Will I make it to a shelter and boot the Tigers out?

Ok, bad analogy. But this week is the first week I am starting to watch the Yanks a little more nervously.

No comments: