Jul 6, 2007

What's Happening!!


Wow, I realize that it's been a while since I posted on the blog. A few things of note:

1) Golf update: Shot a miserable 80-83 in the Cincinnati City Championship, highlighed by a few bad/nervous/unsure swings that got me in trouble. In the first round, I was +3 after 14 and ended with a +8 80, finishing 5 over on the last 5, two of which included par-5s of less than 520 yards. The next day started well, then I made a big mistake dumping an 8 iron in the water; I then folded up the tent on a hot day by making my last par on #12. Ugh.

2) Hoo boy, I made a huge blunder talking to Don on the eve of the tournament. Craig and I played Elks Run, one of the courses we played Monday and Tuesday, about 2 weeks before the tournament. I recall the conversation this way:

EZ: "And then I hit a good tee shot off #10, but I didn't realize how close it was to Oscar Bradley" (note: my nickname for OB)
DH: #10? OB?
EZ: "Yeah - the cart path is right next to the fairway - right of the path is out of bounds"
DH: "what are you talking about?"

Uh oh, I knew I was in big trouble. You don't have people thinking about unknown OB before teeing off...... I tried to back my way out of it...

EZ (lying a bit): "Uh, well, it's a ways over there. There's more room than you think"
DH: "No there's not - that cart path is real close. That's really OB?"

Of course, you can finish this story. Don gets up on #10 tee on Monday and - zoom! - out of bounds. Ugh. Terrible error on my part.

3) Shot 76-72 this weekend in a local tournament, winning the 1st Flight. Craig played with me the first day and shot 75, which put him at the bottom of the Championship flight. My 76 put me in the top of the first flight - sorry for your luck, Craig! I ended up winning $175 for the first flight and Craig finished in the middle of the Championship flight with another 75.

Played with The Good Dr., Dr. Todd - a (lady) friend of mine from Iowa wanted me to set her up with him; I then find out on the 4th that he is, indeed, married and has an 18-month old. And we've been playing golf for 7-8 years! I swear, this never came up.

On a non-golf note, a person very close to this blog was in the hospital for a couple of days last week due to a health scare. Some of you, of course, know who this is - but I'll let him say more if he wants to (or nothing, if that's what he wants). Of course, any inner-city late night hospital stories are more than welcome and encouraged!

No comments: