Sep 25, 2005

NFL Picks Week 3

On to the picks. The theme this week is "who have they played?"

Last week : 7-9-1; overall: 16-17-2

Cin 27, Chi 10 - Who has Chi played? 1) Washington, who is anemic on offense, and 2) Detroit, with Joey Harrington. This causes the media to mhave an orgasm about the Bears' D? Palmer is no Harrington.

GB 20, TB 17. TB beat Minn (with 5 turnovers) and Buf, who also shot themselves in the foot. GB will win this game, somehow.

Min 31, NO 24. Daunte's got to come out sometime right? Please?

Stl 31, Ten 13. Home opener for the Rams - they will dominate. They have to - I have Bulger. And who has Ten played? Pit - they got rolled over - and Bal, with no offense. Ten's defense is overrated.

Car 17, Mia 16. I have no idea how this game will turnout.

Phi 34, Oakland 20. I just don't see Oakland stopping Phi's offense with TO, Westbrook, etc. Philly's D will clamp down when needed.

Atl 20, Buf 17. Maybe Buffalo isn't as good as we thought. That week 1 win vs. Hou (at home) may not be impressive at all.

Ind 34, Cle 17. I freely admit that we will lose this game by 14-21 points.

Jax 19, NYJ 10: Not impressed with the Jets, and I like the Jags. 17-7 vs. Mia? Please. Need to do more than that. If the Jags can hold Ind to 10, they will certainly hold the Jets down.

Dal 27, SF 10: I can't see any way that a Parcells-coached team won't come out on fire after the Monday night debacle.

Sea 31, Az 21 - Back in my consulting days, Human Resources rolled out a theme for the employees: HOT GUTTS. It stood for "High-Octane Turbo; Go Until Told To Stop". That's how I feel about Arizona. Go against them with guns ablazing until told to stop.

NE 20, Pit 17. Somehow, Bill B will find a way to win.

SD 27, NYG 20. I really like this game; until I see that the line is 6. And who has NYG played? A woeful Az team, and a demoralized NO team. I think the NYG are overrated.

KC 31, Den 20. Please. If Den wins this, then I have to rethink the whole AFC.

14 best bets:
Cin -3
GB +3.5
Min -3.5
Min/NO Over 44
Stl -6.5
Phi -8.5
Phi/Oak over 46.5
Atl +2.5
Jax +2.5
Dal -6.5
Sea -6.5
Sea/Az Over 42
NE +3
KC +3

7 comments:

dzahn07 said...

Bold picks all around. I like your Rams, Vikes, Seahawks, Pats, Charger, and KC picks, but hate your Cincy, GB, and Miami picks.

Just to hit the ones I don't like:

-TB: This early on in the season, I'm going to ride this TB bandwagon until it derails in week 10, when Greise will collapse under the pressure. With Williams and company moving the ball on offense, and their D playing out of their minds, I will take them against a sloppy team that can't get into the end zone. JP is not someone you want to put money on right now. How many points with GB score against the TB Defense? 20 points? That's crazy. How are they going to do that? And then you expect GB to hold TB to only 17 points? Whatever.

Car: I know you said that you have no idea on how this game will turn out, so I will tell you. Car- 21 Miami 10. Miami is getting a lot of credit right now for beating Denver, who you admit is a weak team, and losing to the Jets, who you also admit is a weak team. For some crazy reason, the media thinks that Miami can be competitive. They have been, but I just don't see it continuing.

Cincy: I love the Bears. I loved them so much I picked them as my team in my Madden league. Cincy has destroyed two bad teams. Just think that this game will be a lot closer than you predicted.

Agree with all your other picks though, which probably isn't a good thing.

Other Brad said...

I think you need to send you bro chocolates and a Black Eye Peas CD.

1. TB was held to 17 points and GB scored 16. Not 20 but way to close (its scary).

2. The misjudged Dolphins theory. Enough said.

3. Da Bengals.

dzahn07 said...

I should not pick games anymore. Just terrible. I only won 2 morning games.

Eric Z said...

Gooch:

Yes, I scared myself.

Cin 24-7 (I predicted 27-10)

TB 17-16 (I predicted 20-17 GB)

Stl 31-27. I got the 31 right!

Phi 23-20. I got the 20 right!

Atl 24-16; I predicted 20-17

NE 23-20; I predicted 20-17.

Yikes!

Other Brad said...

64.29 % Scary good.

dzahn07 said...

Yeah Gooch, that's not good for either of us when Eric does this.

Other Brad said...

DZAHN, understand that not being good. I do blame you for the gooch you sent out on your 1st reply....

If he keeps it up, I'll open up offshore and lay it off...:)