Sep 9, 2005

My inner 6th grade schoolgirl

Last night, after the final of "Tampa Bay 7, NY Yankees 4" was flashed, my feelings resembled a 6th grade girl who just found out that the boy she likes likes her back..

"Oh My God... Oh My God... Oh My God... Oh My God"

We are actually leading the wild card race this late in the season. We have caught and overtaken two very good teams in NY and Oakland. I think it finally hit me that we are not playing over our heads, but are on the same level as these two.

The next 9 games are going to be crucial - well, aren't they all? - to see if the Indians can validate their status. We have a 9-game homestand against Minnesota, Oakland, and Kansas City.

At this point, I'll take 6-3. This is the last chance for the Twins - and Santana goes tonight - so the weekend will be difficult. And, of course, the A's series will be fascinating to watch, and all three games should be a struggle. And then we have to be careful not to have a letdown with Kansas City.

Wow. I can't believe this. I hope the team has their blinders on and continues their good play, no matter what the standings say.

2 comments:

Schillzilla said...

I mentioned to Derek "offline" that I think the Indians are playing the best October-style baseball right now. The Angels still seem flawed to me, and I do not believe in the White Sox at all. The Red Sox have morphed into the 99 Indians (and we all know how that turned out), and the Yankees can't get out of their own way. The A's had some mojo going a few weeks back, but they have stalled a bit and losing Crosby was huge. The AL is totally wide open right now, anybody who gets in can easily make it to the WS because there is no dominant team right now.

dzahn07 said...

Everytime I count out the A's they find ways to score runs. With Crosby out, Harden out, and Kotsay just barely hanging on with a bad back, it has been pretty amazing they are able to hang with the Indians and Yanks.

The Indians pitching from the front to the back is probably the best out of the bunch, with the A's running at a close second. This will go down to the last weekend to find out the West and Wild Card winners.