Mar 3, 2008

Scorpions

On Friday I received a strange message from Ben really early in the morning. I was in a meeting at the time so I pulled the message at the break. "Dude where are you? I just got caught cheating. Call me when you can."

So I end up leaving work early to meet up with him and he is a mess. I ask him to tell me what happened. Apparently he and his friend started out a bar in Dana Point, picked up two 40 year old women and ended up back at his place. He then went on to tell me that they were partying pretty late at his place with the two girls and the drummer from Scorpions. What??? The drummer from Scorpions? Are you serious? And to think he was going to quickly brush over this and move onto his girlfriend walking in on him? Umm, no. I want more details.

Derek: What happened to him?
Ben: I think he left pretty late.
Derek: So you're telling me that you out-partied the drummer from Scorpions?
Ben: Well I guess, but I want to get back to explaining...
Derek: Man, I was hoping this story would be something like we had to dispose of the body since he is still in my bathtub. Had to kill, had to get it on.
Ben: Uh, no.
Derek: Man, I wish I came out with you last night
Ben: Uh, no you don't. Last night was the worst night of my life.
Derek: How could that be. You partied with the drummer from the Scorpions.
Ben: Do you even like the Scorpions?
Derek: No.
Ben: Then who cares?
Derek: Man, the drummer from Scorpions. Do you mind if I blog about this?
Ben: Whatever.


Well this helped us laugh for awhile before getting back to his girlfriend. And lets just say that this was the highlight of our conversation as the "caught cheating" stories are all the same and very depressing.

Now this is the second musician we have seen in our parts here in Dana Point. Ben, Carol, and I saw Richie Sambora last year at the Salt Creek Grill. Is this the retirement community for ex-hair band musicians?

2 comments:

The Dudeman said...

Please tell me that before Ben cheated he told the woman that he was going to "rock her like a hurricane"

Schillzilla said...

And down to Gorky Park, listening to the winds...... of chaaaaaaange...