Mar 16, 2008

I'd rather be thinking about Vegas

Ugh. That's how I feel this afternoon after going out in San Diego last night for a birthday party. The party was at a club called the Stingaree which was a typical high end club. It took my friend and I about 20 minutes to figure out how to actually get inside and up to the VIP table. Once there it was pretty amazing. I usually hate going to clubs, but its a little bit different when you have the following:
  • Bottle Service- Bottles that are pre-purchased and at your table, allowing you to bypass the packed bar. Come to find out that each bottle was about $450. Why?
  • Elevated roped off area- We had our own security to keep the riff raff away from our elevated sofas and tables. Felt very important wearing my one "going out" shirt.
  • FREE- Every once in a while Carol and her friends want to go out to clubs to go dancing. The worst part is waking up the next morning to find the 4 or 5 massive credit card receipts and realize that it was the biggest waste of money. This time, the birthday girl's boyfriend paid for everything. Total cost of the night was $8 for me.

Got home around 2 am and then Carol and I spent the next hour looking for an open fast food joint that was open. After hitting every major store, only Del Taco was open. After three tacos and a large chili fries, I was passed out and on my way to a massive hangover the next morning.

And the best part of the night had to be the people watching. How many sluts can you fit into one club in San Diego? About 500 by my count. And you can probably add another 300 douche bags as well.

No comments: