Mar 25, 2008

Just trying to get back to normal...


Ugh. I feel like shit. Not hungover, but just brain dead. It is day two and I still can't think straight. What a wonderful trip. Absolutely amazing. Great room, great people, great dinners, and most of all great gambling memories. Below are just a few to kick things off. I will follow up maybe tonight with more details:



  • Opened up a $10 craps table with Wiz, Micah, and Kermit. And we were all playing the don't pass line. The dealers and the pit boss were so confused.

  • Wiz and I being left alone unsupervised that cost me $1000. We opened up a $25 craps table and then proceeded to dump money on black at the roulette table. And yes, we lost. There is a great story with the black wager that I will go into more detail later on which involves Wiz and a possible sexual assault case. Just to give you a taste, these words came out of Wiz's mouth to an innocent 21 year old girl playing roulette. "Hold my hand god-dammit"

  • Eric and Wiz doing great golf calls for blackjack. Using the terms "Maybe...Yes sir", "In your life", and "What a terrible club selection" was priceless.

  • Lee actually rolling extremely well. Made me tons of money at the craps table. He was so hot that he even hit a hard 8 hop bet.

  • Eric being nicknamed The Cooler at the craps table.

  • Micah being called the The Cooler with everything else.

  • Kermit vs. Wiz discussion at the blackjack table. This rivaled my discussion with Lee's brother in law from two years back. Priceless.

  • Wiz telling the BJ dealer "be gentle...just the tip" whenever he had a 13-16.

  • Hello Bee!!!

  • Eric's weird love affair with a 65 year old Texas Hold em dealer.

  • The Whale at the Mirage. No not a big gambler, but a 350 pound women that wouldn't leave Eric, Wiz, or I alone.

  • Grandma Moses who couldn't deal for shit while Wiz and I played high limit blackjack. It took her at least 3 tries per card to get it to come out. BRUTAL!!!!!

  • Its great to see that "Backdoor Action" will never go out of style.

  • Eric doing the actual ref calls for a basketball game in front of everyone in the cabana on Saturday.

  • The lovely Alison Lacey from the Iowa St Lady Cyclones making clutch free throws at the end of the game to cover the spread by one.

  • Still trying to figure out how one losses a wedding ring by himself at a Pai Gow table.

1 comment:

4micah said...

I'm still trying to figure that out too. It involved a lot of alcohol somehow. I'd also like to take this oppurtunity to officially announce my retirement from the annual Vegas trip. It was a good run.