Mar 6, 2008

The Ikea guy is number 7?

So Yahoo Finance had a little story today about the richest people in the World. Nothing really new except that Buffett overtook the Mexican Phone Guy for the number one slot. But as I was clicking on the number 5 and 6 guys; Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani, to get more info on them, I found something pretty funny. Here is a clip about what they said about the two:

The sons inherited their fortune from their late father, renowned industrialist Dhirubhai Ambani. But they couldn't get along, and in 2005 their mother brokered a peace settlement breaking up the family's assets. Mukesh is using some of his money to build a 27-story home.

First, I found it funny that their mom had to "broker" a deal between the two of them. Its like my mom having to sit Eric and I down as we split up $42 billion. Ummm, I'm sure we could of found a way. Secondly, what is up with a 27 story home? Is he trying to get on MTV Cribs? Actually all of the profiles are a little funny. For Warren Buffett is says that he first filed a tax return at age 13 and took a $5 deduction for his bike. Not a bad way to waste some time.

No comments: