Jan 20, 2006

Stuck without a computer

I'm writing to you live in the lobby of the Embassy Suites in Blue Ash, OH. It's pretty sad how addicted I am to the internet. I feel lost in a cave over the last 5-6 days - reading and re-reading the USA Toady just doesn't feed my fix for Glenn Reynolds, Bill Simmons and (of course) Vegas Insider).

I'm in a hotel here as we wait for the moving van to arrive on Saturday; of course, it's going to rain tomorrow during the unload. Phone and internet service arrive at the house on Monday, and the Direct TV guy comes on Tuesday.

Some comments before the picks:

- Bought a 50" Sony today for the new house. I will post my thoughts on the picture quality once it is installed.

- The previous owners of the house we bought were LSU fans; so much so that our finished basement is painted in purple (I guess it's really burgundy) and a dark gold - the two colors of LSU. Boy, is it ugly. I'm going to turn around and paint it orange and brown right away.

- Two big elections coming up; Canada votes for a new government on Monday, and it looks like the conservatives are winning - boy, will that drive the liberals mad. Also, the US House Republicans will vote for a new Majority leader. Even though I now live in the district of one of the candidates (John Boehner), I support John Shadegg (from AZ), who represents a clean break from the DeLay leadership team that has been (fairly and unfairly) tainted.

- The message that Bin Laden wants a truce means, to me, that we are unmistakably winning the war on Terror and against Al Qaida.

Picks for this weekend:

Denver 31, Pittsburgh 17 - I just feel that Pittsburgh will be out of gas.

Seattle 27, Carolina 24 - A close game to the end; Josh Brown kicks a.... let's see... 39 yarder to win in with :02 left.

Best bets: 4-2 last week! 150-136-13 overall.

Den -3
Den/Pit over 41
Car/Sea over 44

3 comments:

jorge blogsada said...

http://sports.excite.com/images/20060123/INDIANS_MEDIA_TOUR.sff_CD102_20060123143256.html

For the blogmaster:

Cleveland Skipper Eric Wedge describes the anticipated Spring Training collision of a wayward California Condor and Juan Gonzalez's last functioning achilles tendon in rather sobering detail.

jorge blogsada said...

http://sports.excite.com/images/20060123/INDIANS_MEDIA_TOUR.sff_CD102_20060123143256.html

jorge blogsada said...

http://sports.excite.com/
images/
20060123/INDIANS_MEDIA_TOUR.
sff_CD102_20060123143256.html