Jan 11, 2006

Guilt Trip

So late last year, I got a survey from the Republican Senate Campaign Committee asking me for my thoughts on various issues of the day. I filled it out, answered honestly, and wrote some terse comments in the comment section about how the Republicans need to get back to basics and focus more on immigration and deficit control (with Mr. "Bridge-to-nowhere" needing to be removed as Appropriations Chairman.) I included a $25 donation - the minimum - to hopefully get my voice heard.

Well, that was a mistake. I know get these "official" letters from Libby Dole every week (in official-looking stationary - DO NOT FORWARD, OPEN IMMEDIATELY, etc.etc.), and those letters are asking for - can you believe it? - more money! (that was sarcasm)

I know, I know, I think I just got put on the sucker list. I just was desperate enough to try to get my voice heard. And now I'm on a mailing list for the rest of my life.

The latest letter has a $1 bill inside- "I'm trusting you", says Libby, turn turn that $1 from me into a donation to the Republicans. So now what? Do I return the $1? Keep it and spend it on a soft taco from Taco Bell?

(I sent a nasty note as well to the Browns on Dec 30 when they were on the verge of firing Savage - got a response back today thanking me for my interest and assuring me that with Romeo and Phil, the Browns are moving forward.... and they thank me for my support from Iowa! Why can't I get that response from Libby? What's Bob doing these days?)
(On second thought, I did get a Christmas card from the Dole's. Very classy. And for whatever reason, I also got a Happy Chaunnakah card from Rick Santorum. That was weird.)

2 comments:

dzahn07 said...

Do you also respond to the "You've been preapproved for $50,000 in credit" letters as well?

Don said...

Oh, I sent the Browns a message as well, but no response. Then again, I ripped a new one. It felt good, and apparently it worked.