Jan 6, 2006

Larry King 1-liners

I have so many topics to talk about , but not a lot of time. So here we go with some Larry King-like ramblings:

1) For the Baltimore natives, did you see that Michael Olesker was fired for plagiarism and faking content? Hee Hee....I never like him.

2) The turning point in the national championship game (see comments) was when USC went for it...in the 1st quarter. They could have been up 10-0; instead, they gave Texas the momentum.

3) The fans win one this week when Phil Savage was retained as GM and the President of the Browns, John Collins, "resigned". Some of the stories that have surfaced state that Savage was fired on Friday afternoon, but the backlack from the media and the fans - and the fact that Romeo advised Lerner not to do it - caused Lerner to reconsider. Yes, I sent an angry e-mail to them on Friday night.

4) Wednesday was the 25th anniversary of the first time I ever cried while watching sports - Red Right 88: Oakland 14, Cleveland 12. Still painful to talk about it.

5) I'm convinced that Paterno and Bowden have a graduate student stand next to them on the sidelines narrating what took place to the old coach. Bowden was ready to go shake hands in the 1st OT until he learned that Penn St's FG was wide! Is being a college coach that much of a figurehead position?

6) Sports Guy's diary on Wednesday night was hilarious, excluding the completely unnecssary rips at Charlie Frye. The quote he had from Keith Jackson trying to promo "Emily's Reasons Why Not" was NOT made up - I heard the same thing SG did. Hilarious.

7) What is the infatuation with Herm Edwards? He is a mediocre coach who can't manage the clock at the end of a game. KC wants to give up draft picks for him? Please - be my guest! We have KC at home next season - I'd love to go against a Herm Edwards-coached team.

8) I was going to compliment the Cavs - recent wins include a big home win vs. the Pistons on New year's and a big road win vs. Milwaukee - and then they lose last night at home to Houston. I see a solid #4 seed, winning in 6 in the first round, then losing in 5 to the Pistons.

9) I am pretty sure I know what's going to happen Sunday, but clueless on what will happen on Saturday. I get REAL scared when everyone says New England will win by 14 or more. That's a red flag. But on Sunday: Carolina 24, NY Giants 20; Cincinnati 31, Pittsburgh 27.

10) Just one wish about the Cincinnati/Pittsburgh game: I hope it ends with a massive heartbreak for one side. Either a inerception in the last minute by Palmer/Fraudlisberger, or a fumble by Parker/Rudi/Houshmandzadeh/Randel El (or even better, by Quincy) to end a game-winning (or tying) drive. I hate both teams - I hope one team (and their fan base) suffers a whole lot for the next 6 months.....

No comments: