Jan 24, 2006

Bosnia

My office is in a tailspin. A couple more terminations and a resignation and now this place is a war zone. I'm honkered down in my office right now with a pocket knife and a jar of Purell trying to make sure I don't lose complete control. I can't even concentrate on my results right now, since all I'm doing is interviewing people. I was getting so frustrated the other day that I ended an interview in 5 minutes when the guy couldn't tell me about what strengths he had and what assests he would bring to my operation. It only lasted that long because I wanted to see how long the silence would go for before he would start talking. Then one of my employees received 22 death threats over the weekend from some angry customer and come to find out that it is against fire code to lock the doors during business hours, sSo I had to hire a security guard to man the front and side doors. Well the guy shows up this morning and I really can't tell him apart from the homeless guy who I catch pissing on my building every morning. They guard doesn't even have a nightstick.

Then I got a call this morning from my ex-girlfriend's sister telling me that my ex (Amy) had a baby....oh and she is looking for a job. What???? Seriously, what the fuck???? Why does this women and her family continue to haunt me? I have a million stories over the past couple of years. Like on one Saturday when I'm talking to Jon on the phone and I see Amy's home phone come in on the caller ID (probably one of the funniest exchanges between Jon and I) and it was her calling me to warn me that her fiance at the time wanted to talk to me about sleeping with her on some random night back when I stopped into Baltimore for a wedding. Ugh...

The only positive thing right now is that they have Direct TV in the lunch room and this show will be out in early Feb. Oh, I've missed you so much Kristen.
http://www.upn.com/shows/party/

1 comment:

RRD said...

Did you put a dent in the head of Amy's baby? If you know what I mean.