Sep 5, 2006

Wiz's Fake Boobs

Just wanted to relate a funny story from the other day. I know that I can't do the awkwardness and tension justice here, but here's my feeble attempt.

A friend of mine from LA got fake boobs recently, shortly after breaking up with her fiancee, who I work with. We'll call the girl Kelly and the guy Micah, just to keep real names out of this.

I get a call from Wiz while sitting in my office with Micah (my boss). They know each other from Vegas, so I put it on speakerphone. After exchanging pleasantries, here's the exchange:

Me: What's up? Hey, I have you on speakerphone with Micah. You remember Micah from Vegas.
Wiz: Yeah, how are you doing? Hey, don't you know a girl in LA who just got fake boobs?
Me: Nope, don't know what you're talking about.
Wiz: No, no. You told me about it.
Me: No I didn't. I don't know anyone who's had a boob job.

At this point, I can't hang up abruptly, Micah will know what is going on. But Micah doesn't know about Kelly's fake boobs, because they haven't talked since breaking their engagement off. Wiz doesn't know that they broke off their engagment, so he presses on.

Wiz: No, you told me about your friend from LA, Kelly, who just got fake boobs. You told me that we were going to see them in Vegas.
Me: You must be thinking of one of Derek's friends, I don't know what you are talking about.

Wiz (not getting the hint): No! You told me about your asian friend in LA who just got fake boobs. I remember it for sure.
Me: Nope, I've never told you about anything like that. Don't know what you're talking about.

After a little more back and forth, we finally hang up. Micah looks at me and says, "Kelly got fake boobs?" I desperatly try to avoid the question and change the subject. No luck.

Thanks a lot Wiz, you're a retard.

No comments: